Harrowinter RPG

yah i think wut undead_lives meant wuz that the hills and stuff is really slanted...the terrain from higher and lower levels make it look very bumpy...i can help w/ that if u want me 2...:)

Werbung:

Maximilianx

i just added a new version, i need more people to actually try the game out please? because that area doesnt look as bad in game as it does in those screenshots..

the new version has an intelligence hero and..his skin is made by me.

please try it :quiet:

Maximilianx

please do..ive only gotten feedback from fudgie so far, and i need more >.> so i can change things ahead of time..before i get too carried away.

1ll1d4n

I played it, and died after I went to the lake shortly after getting the teleport spell. One question, how come when you die, you can't just get a game over? It gives a false notion that you can revive. And also, I think there should be different/more heroes.

Like you should be able to choose a race from like three or something, then strength base, agility base or intelligence base. And they should be unarmed and you equip things. And like for the first quest Furion should give you a weapon, and you should also not have characters from the MAIN WC3 GAME, make up characters. It makes no sense, I mean YTF is Malfurion training Sylvanas WHO IS PERFECTLY ALIVE(she died before they even theoretically COULD meet, come to think of it, so did Uther.). And the Medivh guy shouldn't be invulnerable, and you should NOT be able to do whatever you please with impunity. It's rl easy to make triggers that make NPCs respond to your actions. For example, let's say you want them to attack you when you attack them. Watch how easy this is.(P.S. I can't remember the exact trigger names, but you get the idea, and I had this in a campaign that was killed when my computer crashed, but everything worked beautifully.)

EVENTS
A unit is attacked
CONDITIONS
Unit being attacked is owned by Player x equal to true
ACTIONS
If, then, else, multiple functions
If
attacking unit is owned by player y equal to true
Then
Make All allies of player x treat player y as an enemy
Make Player y treat All allies of player x as an enemy
Else
Do Nothing

Just an example, but obviously make different sentences for different crimes. Although the text based spells are a good concept. Inefficient, but good. I didn't make it far enough b/c of getting pinned against the lake by the lobsters, so I can't comment on the different text based spells or say which you should add, same for items and quests. And I'd say the creep spawning wasnt that bad.

Maximilianx

ah yes, thank you for the feedback, and im going to say again that it isnt nearly finished yet, and yes i will be making a lot of changes, like the names of people..
and a response when you attack the NPC's would be good too..

and thanks for the trigger but i know how to do basic things like that on my own. :nuts:

as for more heros- yes there will be
as for choosing your base agi/str/int- dunno, maybe..
and yes i should add quest rewards for the early quests.
and the Medivh guy is invulnerable for a good reason, hes important for future quests, and weak..

I've been working a little today on adding items/quests..
and ill probably go fix the names of those NPC's(malf, sylvaus,uther)
since thats probably gonna bother like a billion other wc3 story fanatics..:rolleyes:

ill probably work a little more and upload a new version tommorow..oh and btw..their not lobsters their giant crawdads, lobsters cant survive in fresh water hehe :eek:k:

1ll1d4n

What I meant by strength base, agi base, and int base, was like, for each of the 3 races I mentioned you should put, they'd each have 3 classes, a strength based one, an agi base one, and an int base one.

Maximilianx

eh, not diggin the seperate races thing right now..im just gonna make a list of heros to pick from, not different for each race >.> any quests/NPCs/items at all you wanna suggest? :cry:

1ll1d4n

Hard to say, I died 10 minutes after I did the Blacksmith mission. But if it doesn't have it, it should have some guy/girl who hunts some incredibly evil creature group of some kind, and you can become his/her apprentice and attain the same type of class as him/her. Just an idea off the top of my head.

Maximilianx

huh? didnt really get that.. haha, but what about ideas on a way of revival(as opposed to the way you just die and stay dead currently) i was thinking of mimicing WoW but..blech, ideas?

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Some kind of revival is good >.>
Just make the starting point of the map also the revival point, so when you die later on, you have to walk all the way back to where you were.