Graphics...For better or worse?

Kirby

I know I may be raining down on the whole hype of Mario Kart Wii when I say this, but the graphics are fairly disappointing. I know the game is still in its early stages and improvements can be made from here to release, but from the other games that Nintendo has released on the Wii I was convinced that the Wii could have great graphics if you put time into it. However after looking at Mario Kart Wii I'm starting to fell as if Nintendo let me down.

Mario Kart Wii looks almost exactly like Mario Kart: Double Dash and is my first point. If Nintendo is just using that game's graphics as basis for Mario Kart Wii I shall be pretty upset.

Overall show isn't using it's full potential. After looking at some gameplay footage the movement of characters and fluid action looks...well, bad. When I saw Mario pull a wheelie he looked like he went up, and back down. No action of him leaning up or no animation of him going back down. It seemed the angle of the Motorcycle is all that changed. This is the same with stunts in mid-air, no animation, just a quick motion.

So right now I'm slightly disappointed with Mario Kart Wii. I know there is some time before release so my mind can change easily, but I really hope I see improvements.

Werbung:
You're not raining on it too much but as I've said before, the screens don't do the game true justice and there's still a lot to get changed. SRZG seemed like crap to many based on the screens, but you should see what it really looks like.

My point is, don't judge the game so quickly basing it on the screens. Do it, no not just on gameplay footage, but when you finally have the game. xD

And graphics aren't a big thing anyways. I'm just looking forward to the solid gameplay! This is going to be one of my favourite games of all time, no doubt! :eek:

Kirby

I would have to disagree with that. Graphics do partially take role in a game. For as much as solid gameplay really takes to heart, graphics add to the overall presentation. I don't want to be playing something that looks like it belongs to something a generation old when I know it could be looking better. Graphics need to improve as time moves on too. Not just gameplay.

Well of course but disregarding a game simply for its presentation is a bit silly when the game hasn't come out yet. It's certainly not garbage graphics I'll tell you that but if you're expecting anything like Galaxy, that may be a bit of a stretch for MKWii but it IS possible.

But I agree either way, it COULD do with a tad improving but I won't mind too much.

titch.ryan

i still enjoy playing the n64 mario kart and i don't expect much graphically from the Wii. as long as it is fun to play and has alot of replay value then this game will be a big hit.

guyofgod

Hmm....I don't know, I figure that nintendo can pretty much pull it off both ways. If they make them better, great! If not, then the game play will make up for it. Nintendo knows what they are doing, they usually pull through.

Werbung:
They sure do and that's what makes people happy that they're able to place hopes in Nintendo knowing that, for the most part, they will deliver and minimize disappointments.