Graphics card driver update???

Celshock MP5

OK i just bought source and it says I need to update my driver. I have NVIDIA G FORCE 6800 which one do I need to choose on this page.
» Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris Drivers
» BETA Drivers
» NVIDIA Business Platform Drivers
These are my choices but I have no clue which one I need so any help would be great! tx
OK maybe that was wrong question. lol go to this site and check it out if you have time http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
and tx again.... Just wanna know what selections to make and yes im clueless!

Werbung:

blze

sounds right, i have never had any luck with running any other driver than the one on the cd that came with my card. let me know if it works out good for you and i may try again.

WoRm5406

Yes that should be the correct one to d/l

now Im worried...

He never came back after 1 am to post that it worked.

CEL....

Are you there??

Celshock MP5

lol it worked... I also use the config thats posted in general and it helped out pretty well. Militia makes me lag a lot though, other than that im good. Someone said I needed to delete my old driver, is that true? If so can som1 tell me how I go about it.
Worm it was 1am I was tired rofl. went to bed haha.

Fiero

First of all, save the driver update from Nvidia to desktop incase you have problems connecting to the internet once you delete your old driver. "it happend to me thats why i warn, i had to do a system restore point and start all over again"

start, control panel, add remove programs, Remove everything you see that says Nvidia. it will tell you to restart your computer, when u restart your screen resolution may be different but dont panic. Your pc with detect new hardware and try to run the wizard to install new hardware, Click no for everthing. Once the wizard has stopped double click on the Driver you downloaded and install. Then go back to control panel, click on add hardware and it should detect new hardware, have your system automaticly dectect new drivers for the new hardware and you should be set. you might have to restart again after wards.

This is based on what i had to do. I read and followed everyting Nvidia recomended with updateing video card driver. Hope this helps

Nvidia Driver Installation Hints

blze

the card? i dont know what you mean by OEM...

its a GeForce 6800 OC GT

i think the step i have never done that fiero just pointed out was that after i installed the driver in the cabinet on my desktop, i never have gone into control panel and added hardware... seems like a simple step and i never thought of it... go figure.

Werbung:

mYth

Well I've got a e-VGA 6800 GS (AGP) that runs on a beta driver (v86.02) bc Nvidia hasn't released a driver yet to support the AGP version of my card (current is v82.41 from Nvidia)

mew1