CPU leak?

beefstew4u

For some reason combat arms suddenly became super laggy for me after a patch quite a few months ago (i quit because of the lag). The game itself wouldnt lag but my cursor would lag when going around the menus and lobbies and stuff and my camera would lag too. the problem seems to be its not updating my mouse movements fast enough since the lag only occurs when i move my my mouse but not so much if i move it slow or stick it in really low dpi mode.

I ctrl alt del'd and found that combat arms seems to be constantly using 95-100% of my cpu (varies depending if something else trips it). Seems like its a CPU leak and its not really using my processor. This isn't my gaming computer so the specs arent that great anyway but more than enough to run the game great (i used to play it on highest settings with no lag)

specs:

XP service pack 2
P4 3.2ghz
2gb
nvidia 9500gt

Werbung:
I don't think its your graphics card, i have a Nvidia 7600 gs and its fine.
Combat arms tends to use lots of CPU (i think, im guessing) cause it doesn't like to be minimized.
Things to try:
Fresh install (i dunno if it will help, 80% of problems are fixed this way)
Upgrade to SP3
Check out the reduce lag thread.

Jordan B

When your running Combat Arms, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete .

Go to processes, and end the Nexon Messenger Service , it should be called NMservice, if I remember rightly.

It should help you out.

You can't use your Messenger ingame, but lag will disappear.

Try it, and tell me how you go.

beefstew4u

Sorry, service pack 2 was a typo. I actually have service pack 3

And ive already tried a clean install twice

Reduce lag thread suggestions won't help here since its not really lag. Its really hard to explain. It only lags when i move my mouse and its only my mouse movement thats laggy. Like i said before, the best way to describe it is thats its sorta like its not really updating my mouse movements very fast. like once every half second. It does the same thing in the main menu/lobby screen

Tried ending the messenger process but the problem remains exactly the same. I dont have this problem with any other game.

I'm using a Razer Lachesis btw. Probably doesn't help though. Worked fine before the patch that messed it up. (can't remember which one it was because it had to be like half a year ago).

beefstew4u

k well this is pretty weird. I decided to use frap to record a video of it but when i started the game it worked normally. So i quit the game, closed fraps and tried again. Didnt work. Quit the game again, turned fraps back on and it worked! Really weird. Oh well looks like this solves my problem i guess. Fraps doesnt use much cpu or ram when its not recording so doesnt really affect my framerate.

Werbung:

Jordan B

Ok..... That's weird.

Oh well, glad you've found a solution :)

Thread staying open incase anyone else has this problem.