computer

Satan

hey im looking to get rid of my POS computer and being in college i dont have that much money, so how does this look for a set up

CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : n_('MOTHERBOARD_A9EVGASLI','') (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
HARD DRIVE : 160GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache -- Recommended)
Hard Drive 2 : 160GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache -- Recommended)
Optical Drive : SONY DWQ-28A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
SOUND : n_('SOUND_SC_ONBOARD71','') HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I forgot to put some of the stuff up there but,
Please give your input, it will be much appreciated.

Werbung:

Casualty

it looks decent, if yoru asking how it will run cz your not gonna ahve to worry about that, and it seems like a good comp that you wil be able to upgrade when the time comes

imported_SuXoR

the 3000 has the best price versus performance

also the 3000 is a rather good overclocker, i've heard of ppl getting 2.5 ghz out of them

i would watch the ram though. i bought two 256 meg value select sticks a couple of years ago and one was doa. vanilla crucial is comparable price wise, and i have never had a bad stick of crucial.

Intoxicated

get the fx-57....its way leeter. and way more expensive. im not saying the 3000 sucks balls, i mean, inno has it, but i know there are newer versions out (ie. 3200 3400, 3700, 4000)

Casualty

im running a damn athlon xp 2400+ a 64bit 3000+ is gonna be fine for a while and as i said you can upgrade later when prices are reasonable, get a good cpu fan and some case fans and overclock, not alot, but i bet you can get to 32 or even 3400+

{Iceman}

i have almost the exact same stuff as you Dirty, except my MB is and ASUS (can't remember what type though)

Stuff runs fine at 1024x768 at high detail...source, HL2, CoD2, Choas theory, it all looks good.

Make sure you get a good power supply, 400 watt at least.

Werbung:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

{Iceman} said:
i have almost the exact same stuff as you Dirty,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: