Computer Building

Srgt D

So, Mr. Roger117 recommended me to build a computer > buying an expensive laptop.

I thought about it for a while and decided that it would be fun to learn something new like this. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site that taught how to build these things. I would take a class but I'd have to wait till next summer as my school years are really hectic. Thanks for the help even if you didn't help. :D

Werbung:

Master_7

Srgt D

There are several manuals and web-sites available to help you do this.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/build-a-computer.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer

Once you figure out what you need to do, make a list of the parts. If you have questions, post up here.
go here to start putting parts together: www.tiderdirect.com

next question: what is your budget?

Have fun!

Also, for the record, I recommended first that you build your own. : )

Thanks a lot, 7.

Now, time for some studying...

Miran_Eitan

If you can afford it is kinda key.

As a poor college student, I could only afford to go out and get the 720 AMD2 Phenom Tri Core, which is nearly as good for like half the price. At least when I bought it.

See if you can find a website that does stats on the equipment you're looking into. Just type into google "Phenom 720 Tricore vs Intel I7 920" and you're sure to find some good stuff.

Price check too. Tiger Direct has some expensive stuff, so look at Newegg.com

Newegg hasn't failed me yet and it's somewhat easier to use with some better package deals. Tiger Direct can be confusing for a first time buyer.

Just because you spend 1,200 dollars doesn't mean you'll have a good computer. My current rig only cost me 800 and I can easily waste most alienware rigs out there.

Master_7

^ wow

been dealing with tigerdirect for 10 years now, never had a problem, and always get my stuff in 2 days with reg shipping... as for expensive, it varies back and forth... Newegg does well too, as I have ordered a few things from them, but I don't get the warm fuzzy. The 720 is an excellent processor but it doesn't hold a candle to the 920. The 720 is best compared to the E8400, but because most games do not use use more than 2 cores, the third is waisted, so the E8400 beats it or matches it in most cases. If your on a budget, then the 720 is a good choice to build from. For me, I prefer an intel, and I have my E8400 OCd to 4.1ghz stable, as where the 720 maxes out around 3.6ish, seems the third core makes things a little difficult. Srgt D, since you won't be doing anything special and you want fast out of the box, get a 720 and build on that.

Just make sure you get a EVGA graphics card. A GTX-285 is a good choice.

Jordan B

^ wow

been dealing with tigerdirect for 10 years now, never had a problem, and always get my stuff in 2 days with reg shipping... as for expensive, it varies back and forth... Newegg does well too, as I have ordered a few things from them, but I don't get the warm fuzzy. The 720 is an excellent processor but it doesn't hold a candle to the 920. The 720 is best compared to the E8400, but because most games do not use use more than 2 cores, the third is waisted, so the E8400 beats it or matches it in most cases. If your on a budget, then the 720 is a good choice to build from. For me, I prefer an intel, and I have my E8400 OCd to 4.1ghz stable, as where the 720 maxes out around 3.6ish, seems the third core makes things a little difficult. Srgt D, since you won't be doing anything special and you want fast out of the box, get a 720 and build on that.

Just make sure you get a EVGA graphics card. A GTX-285 is a good choice.

Atleast ArmA 2 supports Quad Core. :)

If you know what you're doing, Computer building is fun, rewarding and incredibly less expensive than buying retail. However if you don't, you might wanna be careful.

Just make sure your've read up on your stuff, getting the right MoBo , Ram , GFX Card, Hard Drive, PCI accessories (Wifi cards etc etc) , What you get must be right for you, no use in getting, let's say, the newest graphics card, if you only play combat arms and CS:S . If you wanna future proof sure, but just think about what you'll use the computer for in the future. :)

Have fun .;)

Werbung: