Any good Search and Destroy strategies?

Mullus

So, I've finally decided to break down and learn how to correctly play Search And Destroy before I fully commit to a clan.
I was briefly explained how to play Search and Destroy, and from what I recall there actually is a basic strategy on when to do what.. And it eludes me what that is.

Could anyone educate my noobness please? :)

Werbung:

HeroBlastem

Hey there! Search and Destroy is my favorite game mode, so let me share some of my basic tips and knowledge with you about it!

It is played on any of four given maps:
Warhead - small urban
Sand Hog - small urban
Snow Valley - large arctic
Gray Hammer - large urban

Depending on which side you are on, there is an objective. If you are on Alpha team, your objective is to either kill all of Bravo team, or successfully plant the bomb without it being defused. If you are on Bravo team, your objective is to guard the bomb sites and either kill all of Alpha team or defuse the bomb once they plant it. If the bomb explodes or you all die, you lose. Same for Alpha- if the bomb is defused or you all die, you lose. Also for Alpha- if the given time limit runs out and you haven't planted- you lose and Bravo wins.

Basic Tips
ALPHA
-Don't rush and plant. If you are planting make sure teammates are around you and if they die, apparently an enemy is nearby and you should help them out. If your teammate is planting, don't be stupid and watch him or try to plant yourself... guard him. Make sure no enemies come and alert him if they do.
-Stick together or split up evenly. It pays off not to go alone or in small groups, unless you are very skilled.
-Don't frigging camp! If you don't know, camping is when you stay at a certain spot and wait for enemies to come so you can kill them. For God's sake, don't sit at your base and wait for them to come to you. They probably won't. ALPHA TEAM WILL LOSE IF THE GIVEN TIME LIMIT RUNS OUT AND YOU HAVE NOT PLANTED. Dang.

BRAVO
-Defend! Don't rush to THEIR base. They are Alpha, they'll come to you. Don't think a surprise attack will work, unless they are all noobs. They'll be fully alert, I assure you. Stay at your bomb sites or outside of them and make sure Alpha team does not plant. Camping is a good thing if you're on Bravo.
-If you happen to be in a situation where you are the only one left on your team and the bomb is ticking away, don't fool around! Get to the bomb and defuse it! Look at the bomb and hold E to defuse it. It has to give you the option to press E before you do it.

I don't know what else to say. I'm tired right now.

Hope I helped. ^_^

Bostro

The only of the snd maps I am good at is grey hammer. They is a couple good snipe spots. Best advice I could give is just take ur time. I see lot of a people just rushing and dying in the first 15 seconds. Always check corners and use sound to help hear where your oppentents are at.

Layzie

Exactly what the 2 above posts stated. Take your time but don't completely sit back. And since SnD is on a 1 life system, be sure to listen to sound carefully and pay attention to where your team dies.

cvspartan101

OK!
Alpha: Split your team into two groups so that not everybody goes to the same base so if one team gets take out their is still another planting the bomb
Bravo:Same thing for alpha, split your team into two groups to defend each bomb site because you don't want everyone at one bomb site

This doesn't help that much, its sort f o a strategy

DopeDrop

I don't know about CA, but you really need to play high sensitivity/volume.
Also, use the gun that you are the best with, not the "best gun"

Saggot

people are saying not to hang back and camp as alpha, but this is actually a good strategy in pub snd matches. sometimes even in cw if they come to hunt u down. just watch the time and when you are down to 2 minutes or so you would worry abotu planting the bomb.

Seawied

I don't know about CA, but you really need to play high sensitivity/volume.
Also, use the gun that you are the best with, not the "best gun"

I say just the opposite. You turn your sensitivity waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down if you have a decent mouse. The best player tend to have a gaming mouse with 2000 dpi or higher. In otherwords, a slight twitch of the wrist and your screen would go twirling with 10 mouse sensitivity.

Mine's currently at 3 sensitivity using an Logitech MX Revolution (a $100 mouse). Unless I'm playing up against a strong clan like murder by numbers, I usually hold 2-1 K-D

Werbung:

sp1res

basic stragety is to know the course well- hide wen u need to, and rush for the enemy . usually wen u are on bravo, or alpha it doesnt matter. if u know the best hiding spots u will be fine because then u can find people easy :D. for me i always rush nomatter what team im on, and it works i get alot of kills :)