Alpha Channels with Paint Shop Pro

Tenebrae

Okay, I just figured out how to preview the alpha channels of a unit with Paint Shop Pro, but how do I edit it? For one thing, how do I add team color to one spot, and how do I remove it from another spot?

Someone plz help, and be specific.

Werbung:

Tenebrae

K thnx. Plz be quick, though, cuz I'm working on a unit for GTW, and I'd like to get it done as quick as possible...
.... why isn't anyone else paying attention to this thread?

Werewulf

go to layers i tihkn, mask, load mask, load the one or defualt by opening a skin in tga, then edit, then click mask, save , then type the name of the alpha layer as Alpha Channel 1.
sorry its in bad steps, its hard to explain when its not on this comp.

Tenebrae

Actually, that was probably enough for me to figure it out. Thnx. :D

(shortly thereafter)

Okay, maybe not.... I figured out how to get rid of the TC in one spot, but how do I put it in another? Whenever I change a spot that doesn't have TC, I merge the layers (but i'm not sure that's what i'm supposed to do), but when I look at it in WC3 model editor, it just comes up white....

Werewulf

black and white on the alpha layer.

black or white as in brush, cant remeber which one adds or removes..
if it comes up white it could mean you need to edit the mdl data or either you didnt save your alpha layer or saved it then edited it then saved it.

Tenebrae

.... okay, I think I understood what you said. :p

(Shortly thereafter... again)

Well, I tried it, but whenever I save, it automatically merges the layers. I saved the alpha channel, but it still shows up white on the model...

Tenebrae

No, it's the Cleric model I'm doing for GTW, but I'll just finish up everything else and send it to someone else on GTW to finish everything.

Zergleb

Maybe in the model editor it only shows up as white, but what about in the World editor??? maybe it will show the team color instead of a generic color??? because the model editor isn't going ot have a team.

And jessica, why tell him in PM?? Just post it in this forum, because then if other people have the same problem, or if they don't and they just want to know more, then they could just read your solution and then learn. Or maybe someone has the same problem in a year or so and then all they have to do is search the forum for "team color" or something of the sort and it will bring up this thread and they can learn from it instead of posting another thread and having to wait. This forum is like an archives of questions and answers, and a PM only helps one person.

Werbung:

Tenebrae

Maybe in the model editor it only shows up as white, but what about in the World editor??? maybe it will show the team color instead of a generic color??? because the model editor isn't going ot have a team.
[/b]

That might work, but I don't think so, cuz there's an option in the model editor I use that lets you choose and show whatever TC you want to use. I'll try it out, though, and see if it works.