Your fav genre: NOW WITH MORE GENRES!!

E

Elite SEAL

The classification of MANY bands as hard rock vs. heavy metal is up for tons of debate, which is just a waste of time. I like the bands I like, regardless of genre.

The fact that there's a clean version of ANY song is offensive to me. The F-bomb can't hurt anyone.

Sometimes I tend to forget that there are kids on the board too. I wouldn't want a bunch of old guys swearing around MY son either (then again, he's 7, not a teenager). By the time I was a teenager, my friends and I swore like sailors when our parents weren't around, and this was WELL before the rise of the internet.

[to get off-topic] Language on this board is supposed to be kept at PG-13 according to the TOS. I assume that references the American film ratings system. On another thread (which I think is now closed), we were reminded to keep the discussion PG (which is a contradiction right there). Well, I've heard plenty of "naughty" words and seen topless women in films rated PG, so I think the TOS needs to be updated. Thoughts anyone?

1. metal isn't heavy metal, heavy metal is heavy metal, metal is metal.
2. I have the clean version -don't know why, just did it.
3. funny thing about PG -13, then PG

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

Should we even get into the sub-genres of metal? Death metal, speed metal, black metal, nu metal...

No, but I was just saying that "metal" isn't referring to "heavy metal"

there are a lot of metal genres though, I don't like how itunes just categorizes all metal as rock, and some alternative as rock, and vice versa

E

Elite SEAL

Metal is not rock

exactly, that's why this morning I actually categorized them right -Breaking Benjamin with "new metal", idk, sounded right, put Linkin Park in alternative, Drowning Pool in Heavy Metal, Metallica in "old metal", Nightwish in power metal, etc.

garygofast

Lol Elite you realy get into it thats good im proud of you.
I dont no anything about metal or heavy metal.
I guess I'm just to old and realy dont listen to it.

Werbung:

BossMaroni

Obviously, just my opinion, but:

Metal is metal is metal. I use metal and heavy metal interchangably and will continue to do so.

If we're forced to categorize, I'd say that any band forming after 1990 can't be called Heavy Metal.

Bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin (my all-time favorite) and Judas Priest (and many, MANY others) created and perfected it.

Then again, I like very few bands that have formed in the last 20 years.