Xbox 360's Wiimote Accessory

jesta

281x211.jpg

Microsoft's been working on a Wiimote-esque controller due to come out late this year—development started on it all the way back in Summer '07—but the whole process has been "a colossal cluster****." Here's what MTV news knows courtesy of their exclusive source, who sketched out what it looks like above. The 360 Wiimote shaped very much like the Nintendo Wii's Wiimote and has a speaker, microphone, four LED lights, A/B/X/Y face buttons, an analog stick and an underside trigger. The Wiimote, on the other hand, doesn't have a Microphone and has a D-pad instead of an analog stick. It's being worked on by Rare, who are trying to come up with a "unified interface and look for the controller." The current problem Microsoft's having is between marketers and designers. The former wants it just about exactly like the Wiimote so they can match them on spec sheets and lure game developers into porting over Wii games onto the 360. The designers want it to be even more feature-rich than just the Wii, and describe it as Halo, Gears and Forza "in waggle form."

360wiimotesmall.png
Larger picture here

Microsoft is also working on their equivalent of the Nintendo Mii avatars to go along with this accessory, and will be ported into every game that uses the controller. The problem with Microsoft porting characters around is that each one "standard look" and be somewhat generic. On the other hand, Rare's having much difficulty meeting their deadlines, which means that target date of end of 2008 could be hard to hit.

Link

Werbung:

guyofgod

Why is the microphone bigger than the speakers.....Come on Xbox, Playstation already takes all nintendo's designs, not you too!

hockeyhero

Why is the microphone bigger than the speakers.....Come on Xbox, Playstation already takes all nintendo's designs, not you too!

face it.. microsoft and sony WILL take ideas from the wii due to the fact that it was so popular... i already knew sometime or another both of them will take the idea of the wiimote...:glare:

Kirby

It was going to happen eventually.

Face it, it's just the style of competition my dear companions (why I'm talking like this I have no clue). Everything new eventually comes with competition. PS3 did it, Microsoft gave it some time, but will do it. I'm not for sure how they will work it out with games though. Chances are it won't be for much more then arcade games or small party games. I can't see it being used for everything on the 360. The classic controller design the 360 has is a non-dying type. Microsoft should know not to try replacements. I think it's just going to stay as an "accessory."

I do hope they come up with a more...unique design though. The big microphone ain't going to be enough.

Kirby

Sorry for the double post, the system won't let me edit.:banghead:

Just giving an added note, there is already a gamer picture system worked into the 360, if the Avatar system is moved in, the 360 will be in for a major update overhaul. I'm interested in how that works out.

Also, it looks pretty fake, another late April fools joke?

LinkHylian

I think Nintendo should sue Microsoft for copying their Wiimote design.I mean really Sony haven't copied Nintendo,They've just taken the next step into a new generation of gaming.Anyway like Kirby said,all this could just be another april fools joke.

pkf0rtzh4ar

well since this post is revived, the avatar system is already in the xbox for like a month or 2...or 3...i think it looks cool cos u can choose more clothes then on wii.

Werbung: