World's largest video game controller

Jessi

120118_videogame2.jpg

Wtf?

A ginormous NES controller — 30 times the size of the real thing — has been declared the world’s largest video game controller by the Guinness Book of World Records. The gamepad was built by Ben Allen, 23, a British engineering student who studies at TU Delft in the Netherlands. It took five months and over $6,000 to build, and the finished product is about 12 feet long. It weights about 250 pounds and players jump on the buttons to make it work.

http://newslite.tv/2012/01/19/worlds-largest-videogame-contr.html

120118_videogame1.jpg

Werbung:

iebo00

Could be great for social gaming. One person on each button. Although it might be boring for the start and select button players. Not sure why the student wanted to build it, but its a good showcase of his skills.

mudrock

It looks like it is really expensive. It is good for having this in an entertainment room in your house but will be useless if you are trying to beat a game.

Epicfied

It looks like it is really expensive. It is good for having this in an entertainment room in your house but will be useless if you are trying to beat a game.
It definitely would be nice to look at, but usage would be bad for actual gaming.
It's neat that it works and all...but size does matter when it comes to video games.
That's definitely too big for me.

Werbung:

micromachne

....I....I NEED that controller in my life. It and I, we will be wed and have many hours of gaming bliss together!!.

lol Ok but seriously, you'd have to be insane to not realize how cool that is. That controller alone will make the crappiest NES game seem like gold.