windows x64

Casualty

anyone use 64 bit windows? i need some help from those of you who obtained it from 'alternate sources'.

plz PM me if you use it

Werbung:

MoneyShot

instead of a PM I would suggest using the microsoft alternative. I do not know if you can still d/l it but it verifys itself with a good XP 32 bit key.

I am not using it yet, I remember some probs with program files gettting loaded into a seperate folder. That might be this weekend, I have put it off long enough.

Puppet

Well there are two folders for program files in 64 bit but it shouldn't cause a problem. They were designed to seperate 32 bit programs from 64 bit. The application actually knows which folder to install to so I don't know how that could cause a problem. I have 64-bit Windows OS in every flavor made but I can't give it out.

blze

what is the difference? what is a bit? why would i want to have this?

why am i a nub? seriously, i dont know much about this x64. hbo.

CuRRyINaHuRRy

64 bit would be faster because it can perform more calculations than 32 bit. With a larger bit size, you can give a large set of computer instructions.

imported_SuXoR

Actually it refers to the maximum amount of addressable memory. Puppet prolly knows more about it though. The thing that sux now is that while winx64 can run 32 bit legacy code, there are not very many mainstream apps that take advantage of the 64 bit capabilities. If you are running a huge database on several large servers and a few terabytes of emc storage 64 bit is your friend :p

Puppet

You guys got some 64-bit apps that you're going to be running? I'm guessing not. Sure it's faster but don't forget that you are now asking this 64-bit processor to insert a layer to translate 32-bit applications. Does the word overhead come to mind? This is why you don't hear people screaming about how much better everything is on 64-bit. It's the people with 64-bit apps that are saying that. Some day 64-bit will be a whole hell of a lot more common and so will be 64-bit games. Meanwhile.....who gives a hoot. It's like saying "Mines bigger than yours".

MoneyShot

Casualty said:
i already have the OS

and a 32 bit key doenst want to work.

hmmmmm

well is it legit? I paid 140 for my version of XP in 2001, so four years is what I consider a bargain. I have passed it over so many different comps that microsoft support gave me a new key since mine was disabled.

Werbung: