Wiimote specifically for Metroid??

jesta

"N'Gai Croal: You also asked me about the controls. I've never had a problem with FPS controls on a console, so I'm not prepared to declare, as did our friend Chris Kohler, that it "reinvents the FPS control scheme for the better." I will say that the "advanced controls," where you can lock the camera perspective and look around freely, works well, and that it creates a reasonable facsimile of a mouse and keyboard. It's still not as precise, however, and the game did occasionally lose track of where I was pointing. Some of the gestural controls worked well (throwing out my nunchuk arm and pulling it back for the grappling hook; flicking my Wiimote hand up and down to make the morph ball jump) and others were just okay (rotating knobs, pumping pumps and pressing buttons.) I didn't find any of it a great leap forward in immersion, but it offered some nice things as far as control, and I could see this becoming the gold standard for Wii FPS games.

Level-Up_2700_s-redesigned-Wii-remote.aspx

The button layout, however, was another matter entirely. Firing and jumping worked just fine; I briefly debated switching them around, since the default scheme puts jumping on the trigger, but since the idea didn't cross my mind until I'd already been playing for 30 minutes, I decided against it. Lock-on and morph ball on the nunchuk also worked well. But I wasn't happy with the use of the plus and minus buttons for Hypermode activation and visor switching, nor the D-pad for missiles. And it's clear from the way that Retro was forced to stack missile types rather than allow missile switching as they had in previous entries that they struggled with the Wiimote's limited layout. You asked me what I thought they should have done. I think they should have taken a page from Wii Play as well as Nintendo's own recent history and shipped their own Wiimote with the game; one that sported kidney-shaped plus and minus buttons around the A button, like the X and Y buttons on the Gamecube controller. I know you'll agree with me." Link

Do you agree?

Werbung: