Wii System Update fails - please help!

animateme

Hello,

We just got our first brand-new Wii in our home and we have not been able to perform a System Update at all. The wireless connection seems to be fine as the connection test resuts in "successful" and we are able to download NEWS and WEATHER updates, but when we request a System Update, the blue progress bar begins to advance but when it gets to about 10%, a message comes up: "Error code: 32007, An error has occurred, Unable to perform the WII System update".

I researched this 32007 error code and tried the suggested fixes of using channels 1 or 11 on the router. We have been trying this for the past 5 days, at different times of the day, without any luck. The router is a 3com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Werbung:

pkf0rtzh4ar

Try changing the channel of your wireless router to either channel 1 or channel 11 which can increase download speeds. Be sure to test both channels to see which works better or faster.
Set broadcast settings on your router to "Mixed." This usally produces the best results. If not, trying setting your router to "G" or "B" to test which works best.
The Wii could be unable to connect to Nintendo's servers. Please wait and try again.

this is all that i could find. maybe you just should wait a while. maybe the update is'nt that important at all. just relax and play youre games

jesta

Yup, probably the Nintendo servers busy, a lot of people getting Wii's for xmas.
Also, you might already be up to date, check your firmware settings (in Wii settings, top right it'll say 3.3 or 3.4, whatever) 3.4 is the latest.
Hope this helps :)

animateme

Thank for your replies. The main reason that I am trying to get this update is that I cannot get into the Shopping Channel. When I try to, I get a message saying that I need to do a System Update so that I can enter this Channel.

I have tried the different router settings as suggested but no luck. If it is just a matter of waiting and to keep trying, I can wait. But, I am just concerned that it might be something on my end and if I don't fix it I will never get this System Update. What makes me think that it might be an issue on my end is that I don't see any other complaints on this from others on the forums.

Any other ideas?
Thanks.

pkf0rtzh4ar

Thank for your replies. The main reason that I am trying to get this update is that I cannot get into the Shopping Channel. When I try to, I get a message saying that I need to do a System Update so that I can enter this Channel.

I have tried the different router settings as suggested but no luck. If it is just a matter of waiting and to keep trying, I can wait. But, I am just concerned that it might be something on my end and if I don't fix it I will never get this System Update. What makes me think that it might be an issue on my end is that I don't see any other complaints on this from others on the forums.

Any other ideas?
Thanks.

well what jesta said. it has been christmas so lots of ppl get wii. + it is also just became 2009. i understand why ppl from nintendo dont feel like working. if ppl can't run it other ppl can't download it.

animateme

Arrrrgh!!!! Still no luck. I must have tried this system update about 50 times now! Still, News and Weather channels update fine and Internet test is good but the System Update fails at around 10% with error code 32007.

Am I the only one having this issue?
Thanks.

Werbung:

jesta

Ok I got a few more things for you...

Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]network [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]connection[/FONT][/FONT]
to the Wii console.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

If you've got the internet channel load it, go into settings and delete cookies.

Also the reason to change to channel 1 or 11 is because channel 6 may have become crowded, but this is true for channel 6 too, it too may be crowded, try switching channels again.

Good luck ;)