Wii Stupidity.

Werbung:

vpd1993

well the only reason they make them is for people who dont have their controlers or they have broken mice there just trying to help out

Nightowl

Hey! That is not stupid!

I am even planning on buying a bluetooth on my computer so I can test the controller with pc and propably try to create some small games for it.

Manhood

There is no real point in it, people are just doing this because thay CAN, and find pleasure in making stuff work with other stuff that noone thougt would work...

gunners-4-life

badboykane said:
Its called experimenting. Nothing wrong with that, people experiment with all sorts of stuff, its how people learn and new things are developed. Why should experimenting with a Wiimote be any different?

thats how mankind lived

beano

I don't think it's stupid.

For one thing it's a learning experience for those doing it. Maybe they find out they're really good and go on to be hardware/games developers. Understanding something is rarely a waste of time.

Lots of good things have come from playing about with things like this.

One example, someone wrote software to allow you to edit Miis on your PC. This allows you to change the owner of a Mii so you can edit it on your own Wii as well. It's not perfect (see here) but it's better than the nothing we would have had if they inventor had said "Why bother with that, that's not what it's designed for, ergo it's stupid"

Another example that looks like being really good is a Sega Saturn Game, Shining Force 3. Only part 1 ever got translated into English and so only part 1 saw a European/US release. This is still my favourite RPG of all time and at the moment people are working on hacking into the game's code to create an English version. It's taking forever because there's so much text but it will be a tremendous achievement. I have already bought the Jap version (you'll need it to apply a patch that does the translation) and plan on buying another saturn and getting it chipped just to play Scenario 2 (yes it's that good a game!).

Jesusdragon737

I'm really glad people are experimenting with the wiimote in new ways. People being innovative will lead to nicer technology that will allow us to do much more stuff. This is the way people live. The more experimenting and inventing that people do, the more enjoyable our lives will become. I mean think about the wii. How do you think people came up with the technology for it? Through innovation and experimentation.

Danny

Jesusdragon737 said:
I'm really glad people are experimenting with the wiimote in new ways. People being innovative will lead to nicer technology that will allow us to do much more stuff. This is the way people live. The more experimenting and inventing that people do, the more enjoyable our lives will become. I mean think about the wii. How do you think people came up with the technology for it? Through innovation and experimentation.

We got an Intellectual person here in Wiipros!
True experimenting will make us learn stuff we never learned before but it's simple bluetooth connection.. pretty useless ones too.

Werbung:

titch.ryan

its cool to see the things people are using their wii remotes for. if you can use one remote for a range of things that means you got less junk cluttering around. Just like them universal remotes which can control your Tv/Stereo/DVD one remote does all!