Wii Rumour

Werbung:

AndreasC

Roosey said:
Everyone has a DVD player unless they're still living in the 80's. Dvd's are dieing as it is, being taken by HD DVD and Bluray. I would rather one of those.

Yeah, but it will surely take some time for the two to sink into the market enough to be a replacement for DVD. Much like DVD became a replacement to VHS. Many people still has there VHS and doesn't barely know what DVD is.

AndreasC

Me too thinks that this would be completely unneccesary. If you've got a Wii, you surely already have a DVD or even two in your home. Or even three. I already have two DVD-players in my living room so there would be no need for a third.

Squiddy

AndreasC said:
Me too thinks that this would be completely unneccesary. If you've got a Wii, you surely already have a DVD or even two in your home. Or even three. I already have two DVD-players in my living room so there would be no need for a third.

Exactly, most DVD players start at £20 anyway.
However, I'm buying a PS3 soon and Blu-Ray is a great bonus since:

1) I have a HDTV
2) HD-DVD is getting little support in shops (in my area anyway)
3) More memory, great for PS3 games.

:D

laiscallonis

Mario said:
Not sure if its true or not, i looked at a website about the Wii and came across this

Wii 2.0 with DVD playback

There's a rumor doing the rounds that a second version of the Wii will include DVD playback for movies, said to release in the US later in the year. The source is apparently a Nintendo rep who gave the info away in a phone conversation.

What do you think, would you buy it if it did come out?

I would buy it if I get first a refund for the one I got...because it should have been implemented already on the first lunch!!!: big_boss:

I think they would do better if they sell the DVD hardware to be installed By Nintendo tech for a small charge.

papermario13689

laiscallonis said:
Mario said:
Not sure if its true or not, i looked at a website about the Wii and came across this

Wii 2.0 with DVD playback

There's a rumor doing the rounds that a second version of the Wii will include DVD playback for movies, said to release in the US later in the year. The source is apparently a Nintendo rep who gave the info away in a phone conversation.

What do you think, would you buy it if it did come out?

I would buy it if I get first a refund for the one I got...because it should have been implemented already on the first lunch!!!: big_boss:

I think they would do better if they sell the DVD hardware to be installed By Nintendo tech for a small charge.
Probably won't buy it.

gunners-4-life

I really wouldnt bother getting one with dvd playback because im content with the one i have now and i have three dvd players now so why do i need a fourth?

sharp141

this is getting annoying, next time im getting a console im going to wait atleast 2 years before i get it,
i already got a ds, then they brought out the ds lite
then the PSP now the PSP slim

LinkHylian

is this what you're talking about-

I personally wouldn't buy because whats the point in releasing another Wii when they could easy upgrade the firmware.a nintendo Wii and a DVD player would both cost about £197.99 or something like that.

killman360

A DVD feature would not just be pointless to buy, but also pointless to make. I don't see people buying Wii's for the DVD feature. The PS3 and 360 have DVD and even high def feature's to help make the system more powerful, and the HD helps sell the console's, but alot of people already have DVD player's of some sort, so it would be a waste on Nintendo's part. Unless people want the convenience of having it on the Wii.

gfc-julian

BeatMario said:
WHAT?

I hate it when they do this.
Ever since the GBASP came out.
Then the DSPhat and DSLite.
NOW THE WII?
What the hell are they doing...?

its called product differentation.... effectively improving a product so that everyone wants to upgrade, but i think just adding a DVD playback wouldnt make me upgrade....

Werbung: