Why do shooters attract people?

Werbung:

FuzzyMike

Hmmh let me see.
I think it attracts people because a lot people have relieve their aggression you know. It is nice to kill people when you are aggressive.

Danny_brouwer

I totally agree with Fuzzymike, when you are very aggressive you want to kill people, you do not kill people in real life ofcourse. So you kill them on games! That's why it attracts people.

They attract people because many of us have the urge to shoot. Now of course, most of us aren't dumb enough to attempt it in real life. So, the game is the next best thing for most of us.

iebo00

Are there any stats that prove shooters are the most popular? What about WoW? That's not a shooter. I think shooters are popular because they are fast paced, and when you make a kill, that's basically an achievement. There's also the survival instinct, you're trying to get kills but also to stay alive yourself. Not to mention that humans are a violent creature, so this appeals to our instincts of warfare.

psych0s0c1al

I agree. It's probably because people just love to relieve all that pent up aggression somehow, even if it's just by shooting pixels. Shooters are are also probably the most violent, so they're more popular. Call it morbid, but damn do I love to beat up/shoot/run over innocent people on GTA.

Platehead

I'm not sure it's always because people are aggressive, it's just the skill required is a bit different. It's more fast-paced and action packed, and maybe just because it's more realistic than other 'fantasy' games (some people would appreciate that).

msuccess

For me it's because it's fast action and exciting, unlike say an RPG where you have to go through dialog, travel around or solve puzzles. I like it even better against real people because when you beat someone it's a true acknowledgement of some skill rather than beating some predictable AI. Another aspect I like is team based play because you can add the aspect of team play to play better.

Soulwatcher

I think the biggest attraction for people is the pick up and go aspect. If you only have 15 minutes to play, you can hop on a game of COD. Play a round and go do what needs to be done. And the leader boards help, people love the bragging rights of a high KTDR.

danieldedaniel

I think the biggest attraction for people is the pick up and go aspect. If you only have 15 minutes to play, you can hop on a game of COD. Play a round and go do what needs to be done. And the leader boards help, people love the bragging rights of a high KTDR.
Well, i dont agree with this. As if you play on the pc, you first need to start up cod, load the map, and then your ingame. I really need like at least half an hour to just play a game of cod.

psych0s0c1al

That is a good point too. I like to be able to jump right into the action.

Kate23

I think shooting games are fun to compete against with people, similar to racing games. That is what draws me to them much more than the story of the game.

Werbung:

Cardd

I enjoy shooters even when I'm not in bad mood. I think it has something to do with the fast pace of the game and the competition/scores.