What Really Grinds My Gears: Intelligent Internet Bashing/Flaming

Soldarius

You know what grinds my gears?

People who think they are better than you if they can insult you with intelligence. Thinking that by belittling you because they actually paid too much attention in school. That they use correct grammar and use big words to express how they feel about the subject or you. I can understand a debate but actually trying to insult your intelligence by saying you can't spell, you use slang, you use cuss words to express yourself, your grammar is all wrong, and so on.

For example:

1: You have no power and are a pawn of those who can decieve your puny mind. Rather than hold the power, you would rather be a slave to those who have it.
And don't let that anger you, cause it's just the truth and in the end I don't care either way. Don't do the predictable thing, it will only make you seem weaker.

2: I never claimed that possessing superior thoughts made me superior. Anyone can have them. I gave you a pearl of wisdom, why cant you just be grateful? You possess no power because you throw away all the things which would give you power.

Couple of my responses:

1: What truth? You speak of what you assume is the truth. The only thing I see coming from you is ignorance by intelligence. You're trying to belittle someone as if you have the right to do so.

2: Yet, you sit here and act as if you have power. Power of words? Power to insult someone intelligently over the net? Wow, you're so cool. I wanna be just like you.

I'm a trash talker not a debater. I don't sit around all day watching the news, the history channel, the discovery channel. Not saying those are bad networks because there are a considerate amount of shows that I do watch on those stations.

Examples of my trash talking:
1: You think of yourself
as a debater
When all you are
is a chronic masterbater
Sodomizing yourself
with your mom's vibrator

Insulting me intellectually
when your dad
molested you sexually
No one takes
you seriously

All your thoughts
are filled with jealousy
because you ain't
nothing but a hater

No one wanted
to date ya
So you sit back
and cry
as life
passes you by

After your dad
unloaded a nut
in your eye

2: (Some of you may have seen this one before)
You should be arrested for assault on a penis with intent to suck and the evidence can be found streaming down the back of your throat.

Share your thoughts.

Werbung:

Jordan B

Umm. . . . Yes ?

:p

I try and use correct language and speak eloquently, but not to insult peoples intelligence, just because I like to be thoroughly heard and understood.

I let myself loose with the occasional "lol" , or "rofl" .

BossMaroni

I actually kind of find the phrase "paid too much attention in school" to be a little insulting. I WILL point out people's grammatical and spelling errors. It's basically a complusion.

So, now it's a bad thing to be intelligent and to pay attention in school? It's wrong to better yourself through intelligence and it means more to be able to cleverly whip up a rap-like response to insult someone?

At its very core, the mention of somone's spelling error [it's spelled 'masturbator' by the way ;o) ] is an attempt to educate them. If it's done in an insulting way, it's counterproductive, I admit. But if trying to better the world around you by educating people is wrong, this world and the entire human race would be one giant epic fail.

In-game, trash-talking has a place. It's a GAME. But trash-talking in a debate is a waste of time.

Just my opinion. But I think I see your point.

Soldarius

I actually kind of find the phrase "paid too much attention in school" to be a little insulting. I WILL point out people's grammatical and spelling errors. It's basically a complusion.

So, now it's a bad thing to be intelligent and to pay attention in school? It's wrong to better yourself through intelligence and it means more to be able to cleverly whip up a rap-like response to insult someone?

At its very core, the mention of somone's spelling error [it's spelled 'masturbator' by the way ;o) ] is an attempt to educate them. If it's done in an insulting way, it's counterproductive, I admit. But if trying to better the world around you by educating people is wrong, this world and the entire human race would be one giant epic fail.

In-game, trash-talking has a place. It's a GAME. But trash-talking in a debate is a waste of time.

The rap like response wasn't saying I was better. It's more along the lines to incite anger in my opponent. If people would respond as you do, it'd be better but for someone to think that they are better than you because they think proving they are more intelligent is just ignorance. People using the word retard to make it seem as though you have no intelligence at all is insulting.

I don't mind if people correct my grammar mistakes. Just don't be an ass hole about it. Nobody's perfect, you can try to be but everyone makes mistakes. It's human.

That's why I posted this for others opinions. The examples I shown were from a video about a rapper called Canibus. He wasn't trying to educate anyone but trying to belittle people because of their preference in music. I don't like Canibus and I didn't make an ignorant statement saying I didn't.

Here's what that guy was griping about, this is the statement I made;

It's all matter of music preference. Honestly, I don't like his flow, don't like the way he sounds when he raps, and lost interest when listening to it. Yes, he may rap intelligently... I'd rather hear **** that makes me laugh.. not sit there and think about what the gov't and so forth is trying to hide or has done.. I want to be entertained, not lectured or taught about something that's already known. As Nas put it, Hip Hop is dead.

I was looking at the beef or the controversy between rappers and determining who won by listening to the songs.

Just like this one guy's reply,

well don't search for canibus songs you stupid ****! stop making dumb ass comments and kill yourself mother****er!

Most people that I tend to get into an intellectual argument with. They don't try correct, don't try to be respectable, or anything of that nature. They try to act tough by spewing out ignorance by trying to be intelligent. Trust me, I'm a smart person but I don't try to make someone feel stupid. I hang out with trash talkers, not debaters. It's one insult after the next.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Soldarius

Didn't wanna double post but my editing after 15 mins is up.

This was what I was adding or editing,

He wasn't trying to educate anyone but trying to belittle people because he thinks I'm a slave to the gov't, or thinks that I give into the media.. In my opinion, screw the gov't and all it's lies.

I'd rather not worry myself about what going on but live my life to the fullest.

yocool

i agree with you 100%. people shouldnt be offended if we are trying to help them
without insulting them. i hate using capitalization so yes. but so what if i payed attention in school while someone else was thinking of what they could do to their girlfriend when they got home. so what?

spuznick242

Hmm. I personally like it when people correct what I say, because I like to learn from my mistakes. I know I'm really bad at spelling (No guys in my family can spell, my uncle calls my Mom all the time asking how to spell stuff) but I like to learn from my mistakes, and even if some one insults me, I dont really care because its more than likely some 10 year old behind a keyboard ranting and raving because he is powerless and cant do anything else in the real world, so he rants on the game, so he feels better. I just take what ever they have to say, learn from it, then usually make fun of them for raging about some simple mistake or pointless statement. And the same for the real world, I dont care what people say or think about me, I am what I am, and there is no changing it. As for the government, I dont really care, I'm too young to change anything, so I just dont bother folowing any of it.

Soldarius

i agree with you 100%. people shouldnt be offended if we are trying to help them
without insulting them. i hate using capitalization so yes. but so what if i payed attention in school while someone else was thinking of what they could do to their girlfriend when they got home. so what?

I wasn't trying to say paying attention ins school was bad, sorry for the misinterpretation. I'm just saying some people tend to get cocky when they think they know everything. I made good grades from elementary school through middle school.. High School, everything fell to sh*t. Don't get me wrong, I still did well in some of my classes. Well, most except for english. Although, I do like to write is the funny thing.

I'm a respectable person til someone crosses that line. Other than that, I'm mellow, down to earth person.

Hmm. I personally like it when people correct what I say, because I like to learn from my mistakes. I know I'm really bad at spelling (No guys in my family can spell, my uncle calls my Mom all the time asking how to spell stuff) but I like to learn from my mistakes, and even if some one insults me, I dont really care because its more than likely some 10 year old behind a keyboard ranting and raving because he is powerless and cant do anything else in the real world, so he rants on the game, so he feels better. I just take what ever they have to say, learn from it, then usually make fun of them for raging about some simple mistake or pointless statement. And the same for the real world, I dont care what people say or think about me, I am what I am, and there is no changing it. As for the government, I dont really care, I'm too young to change anything, so I just dont bother folowing any of it.

It doesn't anger me. I just find it stupid that people tend to do that. It doesn't really make you look better being an ass about it. I just think it's funnier to trash talk, at least you're amused while doing so. I hardly take anyone serious online. You're never gonna meet the person. I do it to keep myself from being bored while surfing the web.

One thing I don't like is an egotistic, judgmental person. Because I'm not gonna judge you for what you do in your life, what race you are, and what your beliefs are. It's your life, do what you want with. As long as you're a cool person, I'm cool with you. It's all in their personality.

garygofast

Some people mellow out as they get older like I have .But then sometimes I get ticked off when people talk **** when they dont no what they are talking about or makeing acusations that are not true.
I dont have time for BS.

spuznick242

Yea, 90% of everything I hear, I really dont care that much about, and when it comes to online, espically in game, that goes up to almost 99%. Now if its a news site or something of that sort, I care what it has to say a bit more only because its more than likely true, but in game and a few other sites, I dont really care what anyone has to say. I already became the first president of the United States, According to Wiki-pedia. My friend put my name and for a whole hour I was the first president of the united states, so you cant trust alot of things, but if I cant trust it, I dont really care about it. As for some kid in game who thinks he can insult me with his "intelligence", he could grow up and realize that he isnt that smart compared to everyone, now in his grade or school he could be considered smart, but in general, he would be nothing.

Soldarius

Some people mellow out as they get older like I have .But then sometimes I get ticked off when people talk **** when they dont no what they are talking about or makeing acusations that are not true.
I dont have time for BS.

Haha. Keywords in your first sentence "Some people." I know I have but that's due to the help of some close friends. That and I started smoking the devil grass (marijuana). Which I have no problem with, it's like drinking for some people but I prefer to smoke. None of the bad after effects, at least you can drive, well some people who can handle it. Also, I've had alcohol poisoning. Growing up, I had a short temper. Which changed when I got in high school. I just didn't care anymore, except for the opinions of my close friends.

There's a lot of people out there who tend to do that. Some do it to get under people's skin. Others do it because they get angered easily to where they just spit out nonsense, but in there head it sounds logical. But really they're just blinded by rage.

Yea, 90% of everything I hear, I really dont care that much about, and when it comes to online, espically in game, that goes up to almost 99%. Now if its a news site or something of that sort, I care what it has to say a bit more only because its more than likely true, but in game and a few other sites, I dont really care what anyone has to say. I already became the first president of the United States, According to Wiki-pedia. My friend put my name and for a whole hour I was the first president of the united states, so you cant trust alot of things, but if I cant trust it, I dont really care about it. As for some kid in game who thinks he can insult me with his "intelligence", he could grow up and realize that he isnt that smart compared to everyone, now in his grade or school he could be considered smart, but in general, he would be nothing.

Gotta love how people tend to spread false information online. I find it funny that your name came up as the first president of the United States. Was it just your first and last name, or your whole name?

I've seen to many biographies and documentaries to believe half the **** I hear. Too much yellow journalism and political propaganda spread throughout the world. Funny thing is, there are a lot of people who are gullible enough to believe it. Brainwashing, perhaps? There are some politicians that I don't mind but that's because they speak from their heart and mind, not what someone writes for them on note cards.

It's easier to spread ignorance by intelligence online than it is in reality. One, because not many people will stand for it. They'd end up hitting that person in the face. Knuckle sandwich, anyone? Haha. Anyways, liking the responses.

On another note, I'll see you guys in a few days. Going to the beach, mon. For the weekend at least.

Werbung: