Vacation

Fladian

As far as I know the vacation time is pretty much international. Unless you got a summerjob or are already fulltime working, I assume you're enjoying a vacation, right?

To get something started on this forum, what have you been up to lately this vacation? I guess I'll start off myself.

Before I went to a foreign country to study for a little while, I had a pretty enjoyable group of friends. We were fond of each other and if we weren't at school, we would see each other at least once a week. We had one place in particular where we would always go at Friday night... we, or some people in particular (me including), usually got quite tipsy or drunk. Although I am in a quite neutral position in that group, it completely fell apart... and it's going to break much further than just this.
Nonetheless, a few months before I (and some others of that group) went away for a while, we were considering of going on vacation with the group. Croatia was our first option; for those who don't know, I am from the Netherlands. If not any of these problems which we encountered started, we would have had a great time going to Croatia. Of course it was no longer an option now.

I also got an invitation to go with a friend to France. It isn't much of a secret that I don't like France much. But except for that I don't like the country, I had absolutely no intention of going because with who we went. We would go with eight people, of which I knew one - and am not all that close with.
The last invitation to go with a friend to Italy. Don't misunderstand me, I would love to go to Italy with her - I even took a few Italian classes at school (I can now manage to say in Italian of all things: I can't speak Italian). The fact just is, despite that I would love to go with her and she would love to have me around... her parents don't like me, and I don't like her parents.
So... I'm not leaving the Netherlands this year. :p

My summer vacation from school is planned out pretty much. Not only do I party a lot during this vacation, I already made up my mind to get my social contacts up to date. Two friends in particular are highly annoyed by my giant group of contacts. Personally I don't think it are that many, but according to the two of them, it is highly unusual - not to mention that I am fond of them and they are fond of me. "You keep coming up with new names! Who the heck are they?" were the exact words of one of my friends.

But besides that, I am working 20 hours a week. I used to work much more, but right now I need my rest. I'll be getting a burn out if I don't take a rest. When one of my friends went on vacation, I called her to wish her a happy vacation. Jokingly I told her that she earned it. Her reaction was unexpectedly serious and she told me that I earned it as well and to back it up, she named a few things I had to deal with the past year. Not much of the regular kind of stuff that tires me out, but because the 'bad' stuff happened during busy times, I couldn't take the time to 'recover' from it. That made me realize I need rest more than anything else - and it explained a lot of things, being quickly tired among others.

But by all means, my vacation could be better... but I'm pretty much satisfied so far. :)

How is your vacation coming?

Werbung:
Werbung:

wugiboy

heh

well I live in the Philippines and that our summer vacation was a couple of months ago, back in (late)march to (early)june..

pretty much the first month of summer(april), kept going at beaches and pool parties and by mid april, I was sunburned as hell and I'd just sitoff the rest of the summer..

and now I'm in my freshman year in college, so all in all, I guess life is going pretty smoothly for me