userconfig.cfg

H22Teg(Ratchet)

Last night I attempted to optimize my settings to get a better FPS. I downloaded new drivers for my vid card, and upped the refresh rate up from 60 to 100.

Then I went looking for my userconfig.cfg file, but I didn't have one. I had a config.cfg but it was a system file. So I created a .txt file called userconfig.cfg and in it I wrote this:
fps_max=105
rate 10000
cl_updaterate "30"
cl_cmdrate "20"
fps_modem "0"

Does this sound right? I wasn't sure about that other file, but the comp wouldn't even let me open it so I just left it alone.
Thanks to Puppet who wrote this awesome post http://www.punxclan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1218&highlight=fps

Werbung:

Puppet

You did the right thing. Looks good. There is no userconfig.cfg until you create it, so you did the right thing. I put a line in the bottom of mine that says :

echo Userconfig.cfg now loaded

That way I can hit the console key and verify it loaded up. Like I have said a million times though: you really need to optimize these settings to YOU. Nobody can really give you a set of numbers that are guaranteed to work because each config and connection is different. You need to get on a server and test cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate to best suit you and when you find those numbers, go back to your userconfig.cfg and plug them in.

DiLLa

word of caution to u h22...ur cmdrate controls ur ping but it will also control how smooth it plays if you lower it too much it will affet ur gameplay...i would suggest starting cmdrate at 75 and lowering gradually to find a good medium

XanoKais

Oh, hey, i got one optimization that might work for you or might not.

r_mmx 1

It diverts some of the graphics display from the GPU (graphical processing unit) to the CPU. This only works well if you have a low level graphics card and a fast processor.

hope that helps, like puppet said, it depends on your computer and your connection

I found it helps me with my GeForce 5500 and a 2.8ghz processor.

fps was around 20-30, now its 60-99 depending on what map.
around 40 in smoke.

Casualty

ya man im sry i forgot to mention how to make the userconfig

here goes,

go into notepad enter all yrou commands

and save as

name it userconfig.cfg
and dont save it as a text document
the save as type should be 'all files'

you need to save in this directory also
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youraccountname\condition zero\czero

H22Teg(Ratchet)

Hmmm, I'll have to check the file type when I get home. I opened up notepad and did save as without changing the file type. So whatever it was it still is. :?

Puppet

Well, don't forget that explorer options at default won't show extensions when they are known extensions. If you named it userconfig.cfg and it shows in explorer as userconfig without the extension, then that may be why.

keisorsoze

Jeez, I don`t know if that is good or bad puppet, but my fps is constantly 100 and my choke is always 0, is that all I have to worry about? My game play is always smooth since I purchased my new system and video card and I have cable internet but it just seems like I can get more out of my system!!!

Werbung:

Ramon Knight

How do you guys get that little bar on the bottom right that tells you fps/choke/etc, anywho? I think i need the most help outta anyone, here -_-..