Ubisoft: Red Steel 2 not going multi-platform

killman360

480454_1_hs.jpg

Red Steel 2 creative director Jason Vandenberghe has told VideoGamer.com that despite the scheduled holiday 2010 arrival of motion controller technology for both Xbox 360 and PS3, motion-based action sequel Red Steel 2 will remain a Wii exclusive.

Asked about the possibility of bringing the game to Natal or Arc, Vandenberghe said: "I mean, I would love to get hold of the Natal team and talk to them about it. Maybe I'm wrong, I could be completely wrong about this, but for me in first-person action games, you need an [analogue] stick. I need clear, accurate input – I don't want to be using one hand to pretend to be my feet. I want to use both my hands for input. Maybe in ten years we'll be used to it; today I want a stick. So I hope with Natal there will be an option to hold a controller, or to use a one-handed controller of some kind that will allow me to have that analogue stick and then do the motion.

"If I hand an analogue stick, and then a [sword-like] stick in my hand, yeah, we could do something like this experience. Now, Red Steel 2 is a Wii exclusive and we're not going anywhere with it. This is going to stay Wii exclusive."

However, Vandenberghe didn't rule out bringing future instalments in the Red Steel franchise to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

"I would be thrilled at the opportunity! Where do I sign, dude? I love the experience, I'm a big sword geek, so the chance to explore even higher levels of fidelity... And you know, I'm sure Nintendo is going to come back and answer all the other crap that Sony and Microsoft has been doing, so it's going to keep going, right? This isn't going to be a one, two-year conversation. It'll be something we keep talking about," he said.

He added: "I've always wanted to make a first-person sword-fighting game that's a direct experience of sword-fighting, and now that I've made one all I want to do is to make another one. I'm thrilled to have had the chance to do it. I couldn't be happier."

Red Steel 2 is scheduled for release on March 26, 2010.

Source

Werbung: