This new patch, error code 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombJohn89x

Hey all. I did the patch this morning. About half way through, my Avg virus protection picked up a virus from the patch. I got rid of the virus. Did it again, and continued to say I'm getting viruses. I REINSTALLED combat arms, just waited for 2 hours for the same dam message. I tired doing the patch again, without my virus protection on, and it only does 5 files and a message comes up at says had to cancel due to error code -40. I looked up that code on combat's website and says that something on my computer is stopping the patch from being done...

Any help? Please

Thank you

Werbung:
Im gonna guess you've tried all the solutions on the CA homepage?

Well, if none of that works do a fresh re-install. Also check the official Nexon forums because if you have the problem, im sure others do.
Also awhile back there was a problem with Antivirus software detecting viruses, and nexon patched the problem (i think, but you know nexon's rep)

BombJohn89x

After 3 virus scans, and 5 reinstalls of CA I figured it out. I right clicked on CA>Properties and the service pack 2 for Windows Xp was checked. I unchecked that and combat worked....

Also, inorder for me to do the patch, i had to uninstall Avg. After i did that another problem was happening. I would click on the game, and click game start and vista would shut down the program. I tired doing the manual hackshield. The same thing was happening. Thats when i found what i posted above and it worked.

Werbung:

BombJohn89x

The first time, I just patch via the game. Thats where the problem started. Then i tired doing it manually from Nexon's website. Then I just reinstalled the game 5 times. But I had to do the Hackshield part from Nexon's site. All problems are fixed now I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.