The Vii Named V-Sports in Japan

jesta

2008-03-29-107.jpg

Some of our readers might remember the Vii from a few months back. It was a blatant rip-off of the Nintendo Wii that was being sold in China. It got everything down pat - even the Wiimote. It looks like it did pretty well for itself: apparently it just got a localization in Japan.

This time the console is being sold as V-Sports (wonder what their inspiration was for the name) and being sold at JP 7,980 (US 80), a good leap below the JP 22,800 (US 229) price tag the Wii has in Amazon Japan.

You'd think the company who manufactures the console would try any other country instead of the home of the Wii. Still, surely there are people out there who are strapped for cash and only want to play Wii Sports V-Sports. It's pretty easy to imagine how the rip-off still survives.

viichan.jpg

2008-03-29-103.jpg

2008-03-29-104.jpg

2008-03-29-105.jpg

Link

Werbung:

evilflame

On the upside it looks like it includes a few more games than the original however. Although whats funny is it even looks like the V Sports game needs it's seperate own console to run it. And even that seperate console looks suprisengly familier to something we would consider, a Nintendo Entertainment System.

Either way i don't see that nintendo will take too long before it takes action. In China it's different they can't take any real action against them since the laws are completely different, which is why nintendo never intended to release the Wii out there with so many blatant rip offs, where they can just steal there games and idea's even further than they do already.

killman360

I have to admit, this makes me laugh. I am unable to believe that they are actually going through with this and in such a serious matter.

Werbung: