Switching people's teams?

ForeverSoldier

I encountered this thread on the foruums, which shows the BFHHQ admins being able to switch people's factions to balance teams. I want to know if we're allowed to do this when there's not many people on one particular team, upon request on the filming server, or not at all because this could lead to some crazy stuff.

Werbung:

ForeverSoldier

murpo said:
Solemn-HQ is the admin we all need to find him and ask how :p

Solemn-HQ said:
Ravn1 said:
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great if server admins could do this!

...Um, we can. I did.

And ikerhoek, Most of the time we DO do it at random to balance teams. Otherwise, it's for HQ purposes on the HQ server.

Note, this was done on a BRANZONE server, where the easiest and best console commands are.

bfhhq.com - Home of mixed-team ready servers! Hosted by Branzone.com!

It's a BFHHQ secret, most likely. \M/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Wait, he just posted something.

Solemn-HQ said:
It's a typical battlefield 2 command. Of course it's legitimate.

Okay, so that narrows it down to literally nothing. :)

It might be this from BF2CC:

NOTE: You type commands into the actual in-game chat (like you are sending a chat message to the server), NOT the console that you can pull down with the tilde key.

!ab
  • !ab on
  • !ab 1
  • !ab off
  • !ab 0
Turns AutoBalance On or off

ForeverSoldier

Anyone want to get on the unranked server so we can try out different commands? I'm looking at the autobalance one, unless that was patched up already.

I found another possible one:

Switch a player to the other team: !switch <player>

Flyboy

Aww :/ i could rly use it to balance the team on no commando server since Royal ussuly pwns the nationals into leaving there..

KingRick

I dont think we will use this switching teams in a ranked server.

I think its not allowed in bfh rules AND its very bugged. everything looks weird etc.
Many players will complain about it.

But we are using it in the film server :)

ForeverSoldier

Well, official word came in and it's not allowed on official servers anyway. :/

ShadeShooter said:
7Cade7 said:
W00ster said:
I'm just bummed out at this being disallowed in the first place.

Why is it so bad?

I think what VP meant when he said disallowed was that after the first autobalance thing, it was patched and no longer worked. DICE won't be back until Monday, when I'm sure we'll hear an official word.

No what VP said was correct, this is disallowed purely due to the fact it confuses people. Yes it's funny and yes it's great but when it comes down to the hard facts, people are joining a game blind only to find themselves in the opposite team's spawn base, not being killed by them but instead by their team...they will be confused.

We disallowed it and patched the initial method of doing this since this was one of the reasons why the server rentals were put on hold. Furthermore when something is disallowed, this shouldn't prompt you to find a bypass for it. You were told not to do this regardless of whether or not you have reign on your servers now.

I ask you immediately to remove this bypass and not use it again.

Werbung: