SUPER MARIO WII PROBLEM

gunners-4-life

On 19 September we regretfully had to announce that a certain number of Super Paper Mario game discs from the initial shipment contained an error which, in a very specific situation, would cause the game to freeze.

When you are playing Super Paper Mario in UK English, German or Spanish, a problem can occur in a very specific situation. Since the situation where the error occurs is so specific, it’s very possible that you may not experience any issue at all.

At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

At the start of Chapter 2-2, you will come across a character called Mimi. She will tell you to go to the farthest room on the first floor to meet a character called Merlee. Enter that room and press the green switch. A trap will be triggered, and a spiked ceiling will descend upon Mario. Before the ceiling reaches him, flip into 3D and jump on it to find a key.

If you pick up the key, you won't run into any problems. Use it to open the locked door to Mimi's right. However, if you talk to Mimi without picking up the key, the game will freeze. You will then have to turn off your Wii console and start again from your last save point.

Please note that your game freezing up will not do any damage to your Wii or the game itself, but we do sincerely apologise for this error and the inconvenience caused to your gameplay experience.

While you can avoid the problem as described above, we want to give you the opportunity to replace your Super Paper Mario game disc free of charge with a new version that doesn’t contain the error. Details about the replacement procedure will be announced shortly on this website.

We apologise for this situation, and even though the specific nature of the problem meant that many players will have been able to play the game without issues, we would like to offer those of you who ran into this error the option to swap your faulty disc for a problem-free version free of charge.

Since that new shipment is now available, we would like you to get in touch with your local Consumer Service if you ran into this issue. Please call 0870 6060 247 or send an email with “Super Paper Mario replacement†in the subject line to NintendoServiceCentre@codestorm.co.uk. We will then inform you about the procedure to ensure you receive your new game disc as soon as possible.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Werbung:

Jesusdragon737

Wow. That's a really strange error. Bad Nintendo! But I live in the US, so I wouldn't have this problem :p

Too bad you have to go through all this hassle just because of a mistake by Nintendo.

Phillysoul11

yeah its not a big deal....i dont have this game and even i did i dont live in the UK and even if i did i could easily avoid this mistake :)

Jesusdragon737

lu1g1 said:
yeah its not a big deal....i dont have this game and even i did i dont live in the UK and even if i did i could easily avoid this mistake :)

Yes, you could AVOID the mistake, but what if you hadn't heard about it yet? You would know nothing about it, then your game would randomly freeze, and you would be really confused and probably do that over and over again, and be very frustrated.

Jesusdragon737

That's not what my first reaction would be to encountering my problem. First i would check my game for any scratches, and find that it doesn't have any. Then I would try again, and it wouldn't work. Then I would try to clean the disc, and that wouldn't work. Then I would probably just get really annoyed and not have any idea what to do. I wouldn't even think about googling it.

Werbung: