Sony's PS Vita launch in japan is failing!

morbidity

Sony recently launched their PlayStation Vita release in Japan. On the first week they barely sold any copies of the handheld. Moving onto the second week their sales dropped by 50% which is a record low for Sony. The Nintendo 3DS is outselling Sony's PS Vita at a ratio of 5:1. What do you think about Sony's PS Vita sales plummeting in Japan? Do you think the same will happen to them here in America or any other country for that matter?

Werbung:

sammy

With the say Sony Markets, It'll do a lot better initially when it launches here. People will be checked for the Vita. Japan is just different. It's understood that Nintendo is the only legit thing going when it comes to handheld gaming systems. Everything else is a non factor. It's hard for any company to break ground over there in the handheld market. Nintendo has a fantastic track record. Why not stick with a proven winner?

morbidity

I have to agree with you in a sense that Nintendo has been the leader of the handheld market since the beginning. I still use my GameBoy color in order to play Pokemon Red and Blue when ever I'm in the mood for old school games. I just feel bad for Sony that they took such a big hit with the release of their new PlayStation Vita. I guess Japan wasn't the right place to start their major release of a new gaming handheld..

karthik potluri

honestly, think about this: Japan is a nintendo freak country, they're obsessed with nintendo games, anime, and manga, pokemon and a lot of other titles that in the us or uk we would probably consider children titles are very popular there, I think it was a bad decision on Sony's part, by releasing it first in Japan :/

Jessi

honestly, think about this: Japan is a nintendo freak country, they're obsessed with nintendo games, anime, and manga, pokemon and a lot of other titles that in the us or uk we would probably consider children titles are very popular there, I think it was a bad decision on Sony's part, by releasing it first in Japan :/

Well I wouldn't have been so blunt as to call them Nintendo freaks right off the bat, but yeah, pretty much, lol. It's like in the US how people are obsessed with i-products. It doesn't matter that another phone or tablet might be just as awesome or even more awesome, most people are going to be hooked on the name...and the ones who aren't, are the ones buying the other products. With Japan and Nintendo, they go hand-in-hand, so sure, the Vita might be awesome, but they're simply not as interested.

Ronald Ramos

I have to say it was kind of expected for them with such a bare bones kind of lineup. Aside from that, I don't think the PSP is even dead for them yet. Lots of people are still buying PSPs and PSP games. The release of the Vita probably even cemented other people's decisions to buy a PSP for a much cheaper price.

That said, the Vita's future seems promising. It just had a slow start that's all.

Werbung:
It has nothing to do with it being a "Nintendo" country. It's really just about the Vita's price tag.

Case in point, notice how the 3DS was "failing" everywhere (including Japan) until they dropped the price $80? Think about it.