Snipers Bible

BrodieH1994

Many People underestimate the Sniper Rifle. And give up because its too hard etc. here are some tips and tricks to help u become a better sniper. Hope they Help!

1. Coriolis
- Combat Arms is a realistic game and take the "Coriolis" effect into account. ( i think its called that...) Which simply means; Your round will take time to reach its target. So if you are aiming at an enemy target who is running, be sure to aim around half an inch or so in the direction they are running to make sure u hit the lad smack bang in the side of the head. :)

2. Being calm
- Sniping takes patience and practice to perfect the skill. SO STAY CALM! The more you get stressed and fustrated because you keep dying or missing. The less the chance you will increase your kills. A trick that i use is to have a glass of water with you while you play. If u happen to miss and die, take a sip. it might take your mind off things. and help u stay calm.

3. Location
- The key to succeeding as a sniper is your location, Generally being higher and having a clear view of your surroundings is the way to go, but if this is not available, Try behind a wall, behind a tree, even in a corner could give you a kill or two. But remember! RELOCATE! this is crucial as people will think as the run out where they got killed a few minutes ago. "Hey, theres a sniper in that window... i might run behind and kill him" A good tactic is to relocate, and keep your previous position in sight, so when the enemy thinking he has scored a free kill comes along think where the !@#$ did he go? BANG!

4. Blending In
- Choosing the right camouflage for the map u play on is a good idea, eg. Your not going to wear snow camo on Rattlesnake as it makes u like a beacon with a sign saying "Plz sh00t meh!" For Example. On a map like Junk Flea, You would generally go for Urban/Desert or Normal camo. where as on Snow Valley, you would where your whites as you would blend in. As the human eyes are designed to see moving objects or objects that stand out. if your crouching agaisnt a rock with your whites on. you may fool your enemy and there you have a simple kill.

5. Timing
- Many people assume that because you only have a split second to react means you wont have an OPPORTUNITY to score a kill. Now don't go blasting away hoping to fluke the shot, as u will give away your position and probably get shot at. If you see an enemy run from behind a tree towards a door, aim just ahead where you think he will end up. If your lucky, he will run right into your sights. If not, i doesn't take much to move them a little.

6. Power
- Always try to choose a rifle that will ONE-HIT-KILL, as it is easier to score the point. but if you can't afford the L6, try a M24 as it is neally as powerful and can fire 2 fast shots getting you the kill, make sure you aim with your target if you don't, the second shot will most likely miss and MAY inform him where u are.

7. Team-Work
- The eyes of a second person to aid you is such a great advantage to you, having someone inform you of enemies positions could save your life, or take the lives of 10 others. Even if u just ask your team, "Wheres the action happening" they might respond, By the watch tower, or Alpha Respawn.

I Hope these tips help you to become a better sniper, if u have any tips for me, or the people who read this thread, post!

I Highly suggest not to hack/glitch or cheat in any way, it takes the fun outta the game and makes it horrible for others. Camping is a strategy, snipers sometimes rely on it.

Have fun!

If u wanna play me, ask about tips or sum thing else
Send me a PM or as on this thread!

ENJOY

Werbung:

KySu

I did enjoy. Although most of it was common sense (any sniper who actually snipes should know these), I should applaud you on your less-written facts. As this is your only post, you probably don't know that there have been boatloads of these kinds of guides made.

Well done.

:D:D:D

TAW_Paramarta

I really wanna be a better sniper but I already knew all of these things already :(. Btw, CA is not that realistic since it doesn't have projectile effect, where you actually have to curve your bullet for long distance or else it will drop to the ground

Dipsticked

Basically, to become a great sniper, start with a good accuracy gun. a two hit good accuracy one. work on hitting the target. And try hitting moving targets. Then, after getting really good, try an L9. youll have a harder time with accuracy, but its now one hit. Also, work on finding a spot on each map that you can hit alot of targets. (Try to find two. finding one near the base is good, so try not to find one near the other teams base.)

If I can do it, then you can probably do it 10x better anyway.

BrodieH1994

Yer this is my only post... Just a bit of fun, like i'm a sniper in every game i play, Halo 3, Cod 4, CA, ya know. I was just trying to share some knowelage. Even tho it is mainly common sense.

Thanks for the feedback anyway

stickyfacee

hes right ^^

STAY CALM is the biggest one i noticed tht as i satyed calm more kills come through pratcice aim first then speed and NEVER get mad (=

Jordan B

You don't have to take the Coriolis effect into account in combat arms, the engine doesn't support it.

Although nice guide, good for those beginners.

EDIT:
Oh and after re-reading your post, you have the wrong definition about the coriolis effect.

What you said in No. 1 is just compensating for movement, ie. hitting a moving target.

The Coriolis effect is when someone is a very long distance away, and it's taking the matter of the earths rotation into account, as your bullet is going (reasonably) straight and the earth is rotating on it's axis. But distance does play a part, yes.

Miran_Eitan

Triksta beat me to it.

You're talking about lagtime...or simple physics. Whichever.

For the most part, I agree with what you say, ignoring the bad grammar and incorrect definitions. I however disagree when it comes to camo. After about fifty feet in game [think from the top of the ramp to the end of the dock on Two Towers], camo really isn't all that apparent. 90% of the time, when I snap shoot, I'm not aiming at a color, I'm aiming at a moving object, or I see the pale face of a sniper waiting to shoot me. [Masks really help against that]

There's really two methods of sniping. There's the "sniper" method, which is very VERY rarely seen in first person shooters and there's the "Designated Marksman" Method.

The Designated Marksman is generically part of a group, a team of sorts, and works with a semi automatic rifle of some sort to pick off high value targets, or simply hinder the enemy as they close within range. It can range from standing in the open, to using a doorway as a brace as you fire, but for the most part, they're classic infantry.

Snipers are the cloak and daggers, one shot one kill, relocate every two shots dudes that are really annoying but aren't actually terribly effective in FPS'.

I'm somewhat decent at both methods, but you'll find that running as a true bred sniper really isn't needed or wanted for that matter in Combat Arms. You can't afford to be out of the action for the five minutes it takes for you to setup in that tree in Snow Valley. You can't afford to relocate after every shot and quite frankly, waiting until the perfect shot, often gets teammates killed. It's best to take a snapshot and a followup...and possibly a third and get that tango six feet under than it is to follow the sniper's creed. Looking cool doesn't help your team when it loses by 40 points.

Going back to camo, something HUGE...major major MAJOR, that rookies in paintball and in games forget... silhouettes.

The human brain is naturally paranoid. When adrendaline gets pumping, we go into survival mode and our eyes get really reactive to fast movements. Many a man has died because he silhouetted himself against the skyline or a background of some sort.

I've found using Urban Camo works on 90% of the maps, simply because it blends with at least one or two walls that matter, where I normally snipe from. Avoid the tower in Waverider [unless it's spyhunt, against the spy] and the main tower in Snow Valley. It's easy to snipe from, yes, but easier isn't better. If you can see them, they can see you twice as easy.

Pay attention to what's behind you. If it's a bright white wall and you're wearing urban cammies...well we come back to the silhouette stuff. Staying in odd corners, on ledges that normally a sane person wouldn't stand on since they have very small firing angles...[Ledges galore on Waverider, or the awnings on Cold Seed near Bravo's base are perfect examples]

The key to this entire endeavor is your surroundings. You want to know what's behind you, what's infront of you and where you can go if the feces hit the spinning object. The perfect sniping spot doesn't help you if there's only one way out, through enemy fire. Not unless you enjoy martyrdom.

I don't. Hense why I have such a high K/D.

Nuff said.

Seawied

forumpostsarelikeskirts.jpg

Jordan B

Triksta beat me to it.

You're talking about lagtime...or simple physics. Whichever.

For the most part, I agree with what you say, ignoring the bad grammar and incorrect definitions. I however disagree when it comes to camo. After about fifty feet in game [think from the top of the ramp to the end of the dock on Two Towers], camo really isn't all that apparent. 90% of the time, when I snap shoot, I'm not aiming at a color, I'm aiming at a moving object, or I see the pale face of a sniper waiting to shoot me. [Masks really help against that]

There's really two methods of sniping. There's the "sniper" method, which is very VERY rarely seen in first person shooters and there's the "Designated Marksman" Method.

The Designated Marksman is generically part of a group, a team of sorts, and works with a semi automatic rifle of some sort to pick off high value targets, or simply hinder the enemy as they close within range. It can range from standing in the open, to using a doorway as a brace as you fire, but for the most part, they're classic infantry.

Snipers are the cloak and daggers, one shot one kill, relocate every two shots dudes that are really annoying but aren't actually terribly effective in FPS'.

I'm somewhat decent at both methods, but you'll find that running as a true bred sniper really isn't needed or wanted for that matter in Combat Arms. You can't afford to be out of the action for the five minutes it takes for you to setup in that tree in Snow Valley. You can't afford to relocate after every shot and quite frankly, waiting until the perfect shot, often gets teammates killed. It's best to take a snapshot and a followup...and possibly a third and get that tango six feet under than it is to follow the sniper's creed. Looking cool doesn't help your team when it loses by 40 points.

Going back to camo, something HUGE...major major MAJOR, that rookies in paintball and in games forget... silhouettes.

The human brain is naturally paranoid. When adrendaline gets pumping, we go into survival mode and our eyes get really reactive to fast movements. Many a man has died because he silhouetted himself against the skyline or a background of some sort.

I've found using Urban Camo works on 90% of the maps, simply because it blends with at least one or two walls that matter, where I normally snipe from. Avoid the tower in Waverider [unless it's spyhunt, against the spy] and the main tower in Snow Valley. It's easy to snipe from, yes, but easier isn't better. If you can see them, they can see you twice as easy.

Pay attention to what's behind you. If it's a bright white wall and you're wearing urban cammies...well we come back to the silhouette stuff. Staying in odd corners, on ledges that normally a sane person wouldn't stand on since they have very small firing angles...[Ledges galore on Waverider, or the awnings on Cold Seed near Bravo's base are perfect examples]

The key to this entire endeavor is your surroundings. You want to know what's behind you, what's infront of you and where you can go if the feces hit the spinning object. The perfect sniping spot doesn't help you if there's only one way out, through enemy fire. Not unless you enjoy martyrdom.

I don't. Hense why I have such a high K/D.

Nuff said.

Add me in-game. I beg of you. Finally a person that actually THINKS.

We would have a very interesting match. Very Tactical.

MadeInChina

CA is one of those games where you can't just quickscope and jump from target to target which is what I do. There's always that fail hit-detection where you spot a mob of 3 and you hit one at least 3 times and you hear that hit sound but it doesn't take do any damage and you've basically given yourself away. That's what always screws me over.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the Coriolis Effect theory because the majority of the time I hit a moving target when I aim right on the dot.

Werbung: