Running a cd

Werbung:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

Celshock MP5 said:
What do you type into the run window to make it read a cd. I got the windows install disc but it wont run for some reason.

I suggest you don't run it from windows but run it as a boot disk by going into your bios.

MAx

My guess, reinstallin windows :shock:

"The BIOS can be accessed when you start your computer. You may see a reference to "setup" when you turn your computer on. That's your opportunity to get into the BIOS. It usually requires the push of a function key, such as F10, to get access to it. That "F" key varies between computers. Sometimes it's the ESC key or DEL key."

Then go to the Boot sreen and change the the drive from wich your computer boots...
It should be set to your primary hardrive, so just set it to your CD or DVD drive.
Put your XP cd in the drive , reboot and voila.

Celshock MP5

Well problem is that my buddy gave me a Dell cd to install windows and I dont think it will work on my pc since its not a Dell. Anyone know about this??

eggs

it will work.
ive done it before
using my dads Dell cd to install.
just dont install it so many times because it has a limited number of installs on it. but make sure you get rid of your old OS before you put it on because otherwise you will be dual booting XP... one with dell propoganda and other with out

Werbung: