Random motion freezes

Crazy Demon

Hi.

Whenever I play Combat Arms, I have these random "motion freeze" spikes every 3-5ish minutes. The entire game runs completely fine and smoothly (even at the highest performance) but then everything will randomly freeze. I'm still able to move and shoot but all of the character models will look they're running in place for a couple of seconds. Then, the "freeze" will end and I'll be reset to where I was standing before (or dead). During the "freeze", I still seem to interact in the game (ie. I can still die, if I shoot my gun will lose ammo, if I sprint my stamina will go down, and I can still kill people), its just nothing shows until after the "freeze" ends.

This video (CLICK HERE PLEASE) demonstrates what I'm talking about, except for a much shorter duration (like 3 seconds) and on a periodical basis (and there's no weird blue diamond thing...)

I tried the recommendations in the pinned lag thread, but I don't think this is "contemporary" lag, where things just load slowly. I've run this game on a much less advanced computer with plenty of "normal" lag but none of these "motion" freezes. I run a Vista with Verizon fios (20 mb connection). My specs are as follows:

OS Name Microsoft? Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gateway
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 7B3P081G, 5/5/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.13 GB
Total Virtual Memory 11.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.99 GB
Page File Space 6.04 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I rather not be forced to play Combat Arms on my 10 fps computer :(

Werbung:

Seawied

your connection is being interrupted from Nexon's servers. This usually happens when someone is running a torrent, streaming a video, or just using up your badwidth in general. Its not your system specs, its your network

Crazy Demon

your connection is being interrupted from Nexon's servers. This usually happens when someone is running a torrent, streaming a video, or just using up your badwidth in general. Its not your system specs, its your network

None of those are occurring while I'm playing. Is there another factor that it could be? I'm running on a wireless network in my house connected by a D-link router.

Jaroldvkiller

its not anyones PC because it happened to everyone today but it only seemed to happen in the alpha channel and its because there are so many players in one server that it just dosent seem to handle it all so.... but it could just be a new bug

Crazy Demon

Wow never saw The diamond shape before.
since your using wirless network maybe somthing is
interfering with the wirless network making you lag and go slower
File a ticket at nexon and see what they say

The video is not exactly what I have; I don't have the blue diamond and it only last for a couple of seconds. And where would I go to file a ticket (I'm guessing that's a bug report)?

its not anyones PC because it happened to everyone today but it only seemed to happen in the alpha channel and its because there are so many players in one server that it just dosent seem to handle it all so.... but it could just be a new bug

I will try playing on another channel when I get home.

Seawied

Its either 1 of two things

1) Your ISP doesn't like nexon's servers (or visa versa)
or
2) Your wireless signal fades in and out.

Given that you don't seem sure on if you have wireless G or Pre-N, I'm assuming its G, which has much more limited range and is easily interfered with. Most likely its problem 2, and the 3 second freezes are when your wireless connection drops or slows down significantly. Try using a wired connection and see if you have the same problem.

:TIP: If you don't have the proper wire for this, buy your RJ45 cord online via ebay or some other seller. Computer stores make all their money of misc cords and ink, often charging 30 bucks for a 1-3 dollar cord. I used to work for a computer shop, and those mark ups made me want to vomit.

Crazy Demon

Changing servers did not resolve the issue :(. However, I have filed a ticket to nexon.net and I will check on your those links Seaweid when I get the chance.

Thanks for your help so far, but if there are any more suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

Miran_Eitan

Try a direct connect to your router. The fact that you can play any game on a wireless card is amazing to me. Unless you have one of the brand new gigabit wireless cards, you're going to get weird action on your FPSes.

It IS possible to play RTSes however, but they'll go out of sync and may crash the game.

You need to run a CAT-5 from your router to your computer and I can say with about a 75% chance,that'll fix some of your problems.

The blue diamond thing is a graphics glitch. I've seen it before in Oblivion and a few other games. Try upgrading your video card drivers. I bet it only happens when people are on fire right?

It's a precursor to your card going purple. Aka, dead. At least that's what happened to me. I would suggest looking into a new one, or screwing with your graphics so they're less intensive. If the problem doesn't go away when you turn all the graphics down, then you have a serious issue.

Seawied

the blue diamond is just his camera picking up the monitor's refresh rate. Filming your computer monitor does weird things to your image. I'm not all that concerned about it

Crazy Demon

Try a direct connect to your router.
Unfortunately that is not available to me, as my router is directly connected one floor above me to my old man's computer.

You need to run a CAT-5 from your router to your computer
Edit: Looked CAT-5 up and realized that I can not do this for the same reason as posted above

The blue diamond thing is a graphics glitch
I don't have a blue diamond! The video I was using is not MY video, it just is similar to what I'm experiencing.

1) Your ISP doesn't like nexon's servers (or visa versa)
I've heard that you can change your ISP. Would doing something like this fix the problem?

Thanks for your help everyone. I really appreciate it.

Seawied

ISP= Internet Service Provider. So yes you can change it... if you drop your current provider from Comcast, AT&T, or whoever provides your internet service, BUT I wouldn't recommend that. Since you're a floor below, this really sounds like a wireless problem and theres not much you can do about it other than tossing out your current network and upgrade to a Pre N wireless network. Sorry bro

Werbung:

Love

In addition to some of the previous posts, you may have a virus or some sort of malicious software which is taking up a load to process.