Ramblings of a Mad Man (What's Wrong with the World?)

Undead_Lives

Description: A character rambling about various things. Note: there is no clear beginning or ending. This NOT a story, it is a...well you'll get it when you read it.
NOTE: All opinions expressed about people are not directed at certain people, but people of that group in general. I am not trying to offend anyone.

Part 1 - An Outsider Looking In

Why do girls obsess about their looks? Seriously. Do they really care that much about how they look, that they will go to any extent to look good? They will show off everything a guy likes, whether it's breasts, butts, hips, shaved legs, shoulders, long finger nails, and it goes on. Some girls that I normally see at school could stand on the corner and be mistaken for a whore.
As for reasons, I have a few ideas. My first is instinct. Technically, it is the females who are courting the males in humans, so they must seem attractive to get a mate. However, this cannot fully explain obsession. For that, there are other theories. Possibly, it could be they are like all other humans, and they want to be liked. And the wearing of certain clothing gets them noticed, and therefore they feel important. It could also be a means to get pleasure. For some females, they feel that certain men are very good at providing pleasure.

Why do people obsess over being perfect? Perfection is something unattainable by humans. Sure, you might get 100% on a math test. But the next one, you might get 90%. So trying to be perfect is futile and a waste of time.
In particular, Asians try to be perfect. Apparently, they are pressured from their parents/teachers do obtain perfect marks. I can see where this is coming from. For example, the Chinese only in the past few decades have been given some freedom and opportunities to succeed in life, but this does not give them the right to pressure the children to be perfect. It puts unnecessary stress on them, which they should not have to develop normally.

And another thing, why do some people lack common sense? It is common sense after all. Can people really be that idiotic? I mean, some people lack logic all together. Is it so hard to see government is run? Or how tectonic plates create earthquakes? Yet day after day, people have a problem with this.
I ascertain this problem to lack of reading. This then leads to a lack of knowledge, which leads to a general lack of common sense. Or, it could be ascertained to how these people use their time. Most of these people only get average grades, and school is a good place to learn common sense. Paying attention too video games, television, etc and never paying attention to the real world can also cause this.
Lack of common sense is also called stupidity. Some people are just, dumb. Maybe they are born that way.

Part 2 - People that are Idiots
(Sorry for the title, nothing else I could think of. Please don't take offense, as stated before)

Why is it that when you make a minor joke about someone, they go ballistic? Seriously, it's just a joke. When people make fun of you, just laugh along with it, or do what some people do and pretend you are going to hit them, but don't. Also, what's with the "Happy Holidays" thing? Most people celebrate Christmas, why can't it be "Merry Christmas"? The reason is because people take offense too easily. If you don't celebrate Christmas and someone says, "Merry Christmas" to you, just tell them and/or ignore them. But don't take offense because of people's ignorance. People can be idiots sometimes, it happens. Deal with it.

What makes a person cool? Is it a tattoo, piercing, or a bad person attitude? So what? Just cause they went to some place to get their body looking like crap doesn't mean they are instantly cool. And who cares if they have an attitude that's saying to the world: "don't bug me"? How does that make them cool? Cool should be about how they stand up for a good cause, or how they do charity work just cause they can. Not about this image crap. For all you know the person under there could be a nerd yet is trying to hide it. The "cool" people seem to be the ones that aren't smart enough to get good grades so they try to do something else. Like getting tattoos, piercings, a bad attitude, and most likely doing drugs along with the rest. If cool is that, then cool should be replace with pointless. Pointless people living pointless lives that will grow up and realize this, too late.

Why obsess over who likes you and who doesn't? Or how much popularity you have? The people that try to become popular are among the most despised people, in my view. Why? Because they are a bunch of backstabbing, no good, idiots. Who cares if you are "popular"? You are a jerk! Nobody likes you because of this, except your so-called friends. And what if you suddenly stop becoming popular? Those so-called friends will go and backstab you and find new so-called friends. How long does popularity last? Not long. Once out of high school, nobody will care anymore. The nerds will be off making thousands while the popular kids are stuck working at McDonalds. At least we have the comfort of this justice. The popular kids that are jerks to everyone else will be stuck working for the nerds that rule us all.

Part 3 – Depressing Moments

Why must a girl always think she is inferior? I have noticed that most girls (besides the over confident popular ones) actually lack a LOT of self-confidence. Where does that come from? Well, I have one theory. And that is the fact that for years they have been treated as if they were lower than men. Men got all of the privileges and women got stuck at home caring for the kids, cleaning and cooking. It might just be that the long history of mistreating women has finally got to every single one of them, save a few who are trying to break that trend.

Speaking of lack of confidence, why must adults treat teenagers as if they are all the same, even though they practically drill it into us to act like young men and women? Even after all of that, they still view us as all the same, “those rotten teenagers and their attitudes”. Do they not realize that teenagers are individuals too? Do teenagers not deserve the “benefit of the doubt” or the “innocent until proven guilty”? Why can adults not take the time to see if the teenager really has an attitude or the like before passing some stereotypical judgment? That is question I don’t have the answer to.

Finally, along the lines of not taking the time to avoid stereotypes, what about salespeople? Normally a salesperson is looked upon as someone who is just trying to sell you something and doesn’t care if you use his or her product at all. But guess what? That’s their job. And I personally know some salespeople, and some of them are only trying to help you. Now, yes, the consumer has to be aware of where to draw the line, where helping ends and selling begins. But that’s being an informed consumer. And everyone should be an informed consumer.

Werbung:

KingZeus

You should have said something about how girls attracted to shiny objects (atleast at my school) and how they travel in groups.

Undead_Lives

Ok, how about we start answering 2 questions I got for you guys.
1. Did you like it? (ie what can be improved, etc.)
and 2. Do you think I should continue it?

Fladian

NOTE: All questions are rhetorical. Try not to answer them in this topic.[/b]
That's a shame. They are subjects I am willing to talk about after all.

Part 1 – An Outsider Looking In

Why do girls obsess about their looks? Seriously. Do they really care that much about how they look, that they will go to any extent to look good? They will show off everything a guy likes, whether it’s *beep*, butts, hips, shaved legs, shoulders, long finger nails, and it goes on. Some girls that I normally see at school could stand on the corner and be mistaken for a whore.
As for reasons, I have a few ideas. My first is instinct. Technically, it is the females who are courting the males in humans, so they must seem attractive to get a mate. However, this cannot fully explain obsession. For that, there are other theories. Possibly, it could be they are like all other humans, and they want to be liked. And the wearing of certain clothing gets them noticed, and therefore they feel important. It could also be a means to get pleasure. For some females, they feel that certain men are very good at providing pleasure.[/b]
A part that didn't really get me thinking, but excellent to start off with. It is something people tend to think about when they are pushed on the facts, though I do not believe that every "girl" is "obsessed by their looks", nor that they are always very active in it. I do agree that a large amount does indeed what you say, but for those I tend to 'like', are not those who are so active in it. I've had a discussion about this with a friend of mine... about a year ago, or something.
But as you asked, I will not start to talk about it.

Why do people obsess over being perfect? Perfection is something unattainable by humans. Sure, you might get 100% on a math test. But the next one, you might get 90%. So trying to be perfect is futile and a waste of time.
In particular, Asians try to be perfect. Apparently, they are pressured from their parents/teachers do obtain perfect marks. I can see where this is coming from. For example, the Chinese only in the past few decades have been given some freedom and opportunities to succeed in life, but this does not give them the right to pressure the children to be perfect. It puts unnecessary stress on them, which they should not have to develop normally.[/b]
I'll tell you one thing. They strive to something. They need motivation to do something... as a matter of fact, everyone needs a spark of motivation. You can deny it all you want, but there is no person in this world that does not 'strive to do something', and use a 'motivation point'. Or so I call it. I know all too well what can happen when that 'motivation point' disappears, you'll crumble to dust. I didn't start studying all of a sudden because I wanted variation, no, I was extremely worried about my own future.
Perfection, is one of them.

An interesting subject, and kept me thinking for a short moment, though short it may be, it was intensive. It definitely is a subject I like to give more thought to, so I'll probably write it somewhere down and go and read it when I have some additional free time and nothing is coming up any time soon.

And another thing, why do some people lack common sense? It is common sense after all. Can people really be that idiotic? I mean, some people lack logic all together. Is it so hard to see government is run? Or how tectonic plates create earthquakes? Yet day after day, people have a problem with this.
I ascertain this problem to lack of reading. This then leads to a lack of knowledge, which leads to a general lack of common sense. Or, it could be ascertained to how these people use their time. Most of these people only get average grades, and school is a good place to learn common sense. Paying attention too video games, television, etc and never paying attention to the real world can also cause this.
Lack of common sense is also called stupidity. Some people are just, dumb. Maybe they are born that way.[/b]
In my opinion, the most interesting of the three. Because I am sure everyone agrees when I say this came to mind before. Everyone must have thought about this before, though you did go a little further than most people would've thought. Of course, it isn't anything bad to do it, but I just liked to point it out.
Undead, I'll (translate and) quote:
"Useless violence.
Of course judges every human being with a healthy brain every possible form of useless violence. A lot of young people doesn't really understand anymore what 'dead' really is. They react on it with a laugh. It's just like 'Tom & Jerry' or all all computer games: 'they'll always stand up again' (litterally). When something is broken, you can fix it again. Because of that, people often cannot see the things they've done properly. A lot of people 'yell' for attention. Useless violence is often a lack of attention. And it is just like a crying baby: negative attention is also attention. If nothing works, and you never end up with success, the road to useless violence may be opened. You'll get attention that way, and people will learn/know who you are. When I used to come home, there was my mother to talk to. When she started working I started to miss someone to talk to. We all live so hasted, sometimes it just hits me. Carreer, money, pressure. Therefore that I live in the east, where people still live the way they want to. I don't think I even am able to, but sometimes, it is just great to stop all the worries." - DJ v. Velthuysen
He also discussed two other subjects, but this should bring the point I am trying to give as well. My apologies for sentences that don't make sense completely. It is a translation I personally did, but my English (not just English) is quite poor when it comes to translating things while listening to other things in my native language.

EDIT: the "beep" was b.r.e.a.s.t.s. Why? Got no clue.[/b]
I have more doubts the censuring system. It is censuring words that are not necessary to censur.

As a conclusion about the 'Ramblings of a Mad Man', I did enjoy somewhat reading it, though I already read it once before I replied to it. I didn't have the right time to write a (proper) reply to it. Now I do have some time, because I just finished a test at school.
I think I am confident in saying that it was made to let other people think, not necessarily ask if they like, or dislike it. It is a subject and the opinion of a 'person' is given, but it is hard, if not impossible to judge the opinion of a person. Opinions are yours to have, and no one can change them. They can alter it a bit, but not change it completely.
"Like that, I had an incredible discussion with a pedophile last year. After you clearly notice what kind of reactions you'll get. E-mails come rolling in. I used to be so mad at it. I spoke to someone of a place called 'Martijn', who more or less approve of pedophiles. At a certain moment I asked him: 'So, you have s.ex with children. How old are they?' and he answers in a normal tone: 'From 0 until 16 years'. Seriously, the steam could be seen from my ears! Those are very heavy subjects, subjects you shouldn't see, or hear daily." - DJ Edwin Evers
An opinion of a person, you may see as wrong, but for that person, it is very normal.

and 2. Do you think I should continue it?[/b]
No. Though it is interesting and can get people into deep thoughts, I do not suggest to continue it. This is not a matter of being able to continue or not, this is digging into the deep thoughts of people. It had success in it as well, or at the very least, for me. Perhaps if people would like to discuss it, it would be a good idea to start even more subjects such as those. But as long as there is no 'serious' part in the forum, I highly suggest you keep it like this.
Some things should not be changed.

Or so I said.

Undead_Lives

Thanks for the review. I really liked the quotes.
I'm kinda dissapointed that you suggested not to continue it, but I will take your advice nonetheless. I can understand your point of view.
However, the last one was not directed at useless violence per se. It was more directed at the general thinking ability of people.
I guess...if Kem doesn't mind...you could talk about the subjects. I will edit my post.

Fladian

I really liked the quotes.[/b]
So did I :p But I think I'm quite biased when it comes to that :p

I'm kinda dissapointed that you suggested not to continue it, but I will take your advice nonetheless. I can understand your point of view.[/b]
Feel free to continue it when you can guarantee it to be serious. This is not the type of thread to become a 'joke'.

However, the last one was not directed at useless violence per se. It was more directed at the general thinking ability of people.[/b]
I did not say it was. But I personally say that 'common sense' and 'useless violence' are related to each other, and it gave the point that I could have made as well, only in more words.

Undead_Lives

If I was ever to continue it, it would definitely stay serious.
However, I think that I could write something about useless violence by itself.

Undead_Lives

I finally continued this!! yay!! And there will be another Part soon to come.
Without further ado:

Part 2 - People that are Idiots
(Sorry for the title, nothing else I could think of. Please don?t take offense, as stated in my first post)

Why is it that when you make a minor joke about someone, they go ballistic? Seriously, it?s just a joke. When people make fun of you, just laugh along with it, or do what some people do and pretend you are going to hit them, but don?t. Also, what?s with the ?Happy Holidays? thing? Most people celebrate Christmas, why can?t it be ?Merry Christmas?? The reason is because people take offense too easily. If you don?t celebrate Christmas and someone says, ?Merry Christmas? to you, just tell them and/or ignore them. But don?t take offense because of people?s ignorance. People can be idiots sometimes, it happens. Deal with it.

What makes a person cool? Is it a tattoo, piercing, or a bad person attitude? So what? Just cause they went to some place to get their body looking like crap doesn?t mean they are instantly cool. And who cares if they have an attitude that?s saying to the world: ?don?t bug me?? How does that make them cool? Cool should be about how they stand up for a good cause, or how they do charity work just cause they can. Not about this image crap. For all you know the person under there could be a nerd yet is trying to hide it. The ?cool? people seem to be the ones that aren?t smart enough to get good grades so they try to do something else. Like getting tattoos, piercings, a bad attitude, and most likely doing drugs along with the rest. If cool is that, then cool should be replace with pointless. Pointless people living pointless lives that will grow up and realize this, too late.

Why obsess over who likes you and who doesn?t? Or how much popularity you have? The people that try to become popular are among the most despised people, in my view. Why? Because they are a bunch of backstabbing, no good, idiots. Who cares if you are ?popular?? You are a jerk! Nobody likes you because of this, except your so-called friends. And what if you suddenly stop becoming popular? Those so-called friends will go and backstab you and find new so-called friends. How long does popularity last? Not long. Once out of high school, nobody will care anymore. The nerds will be off making thousands while the popular kids are stuck working at McDonalds. At least we have the comfort of this justice. The popular kids that are jerks to everyone else will be stuck working for the nerds that rule us all.

Fladian

Hmm... well, for the first paragraph.

Perhaps 'sensetivity' was a much better way of describing it. Perhaps it is foolish for some people to immediately go "ballistic" about it, but that would be calling myself foolish as well. When I'm in a bad mood, and someone makes an annoying joke or irritates me, I usually act the way I shouldn't act. With an exception to a few people, of course. I can't get mad at some people no matter what happens.

What makes them cool? Didn't you already have one like this?
For a second, I thought you were describing me (again) there, Undead. I changed from a completely non-outgoing person to a very outgoing person which some even mistake for other kind of 'things'.
Not to mention that the "cool people" in my class (as you call them) are not exactly the ones who get the low grades. Until today, it was probably me who got the worst grades. Those "cool people" in my class (I still don't agree with them being cool, to be honest) got one of the highest grades from the entire class.
What is it that makes them cool? Originality and that they dare to do certain stuff that others don't dare to do.
One word came to me when I read of what you said in the second paragraph. Unfortunately, it is a Dutch word that cannot be originally translated. If it is, it doesn't have the same meaning anymore. Therefore: "Kansloos."

If the last is really a question, then the answer is pride. Why do I know? Because it has been the biggest thing in my life until two years ago. My pride was bigger than myself without being aware of it.
But as a reaction to the complete paragraph, I do not agree. Being popular is not always something people aim to become, but just... well, become. As for myself, if I'd get as popular as some people I know, then I gladly would've done it, even if I ended up working at a McDonalds or something similar... or perhaps, especially because of that. What you literally explained in the last part of that paragraph is a fairy tale, and you know it.
I am not a nerd (anymore), I am not a very popular guy (and never will be), I don't have anything in specific that makes me look better than others, would that be in presentation or theory, I don't know anything. Yet I aim for something that a nerd couldn't achieve and the "popular" one can achieve. Therefore, what you say, is not completely true.

Ugh... I ate too much... reading 'McDonalds' didn't do anything good to my stomach.

Undead_Lives

It wasn't meant to be true, but nor is it a fairy tale. It is an exageration. I am making things bigger than they really are, yes, however it does have some ground on real life and is partly true.
No, I did not do something about being cool before.
And yes Flad, we all have our bad days (so do I) but I am referring to people that take offense over someone's ignorance, like saying "Merry Christmas" when the person does not celebrate. I am talking about people who are like this all the time.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Muahaha I finally decided to continue this! I had my ideas on paper for so long...
So here's Part 3. Oh, and I know, not the greatest title.

Part 3 – Depressing Moments

Why must a girl always think she is inferior? I have noticed that most girls (besides the over confident popular ones) actually lack a LOT of self-confidence. Where does that come from? Well, I have one theory. And that is the fact that for years they have been treated as if they were lower than men. Men got all of the privileges and women got stuck at home caring for the kids, cleaning and cooking. It might just be that the long history of mistreating women has finally got to every single one of them, save a few who are trying to break that trend.

Speaking of lack of confidence, why must adults treat teenagers as if they are all the same, even though they practically drill it into us to act like young men and women? Even after all of that, they still view us as all the same, “those rotten teenagers and their attitudes”. Do they not realize that teenagers are individuals too? Do teenagers not deserve the “benefit of the doubt” or the “innocent until proven guilty”? Why can adults not take the time to see if the teenager really has an attitude or the like before passing some stereotypical judgment? That is question I don’t have the answer to.

Finally, along the lines of not taking the time to avoid stereotypes, what about salespeople? Normally a salesperson is looked upon as someone who is just trying to sell you something and doesn’t care if you use his or her product at all. But guess what? That’s their job. And I personally know some salespeople, and some of them are only trying to help you. Now, yes, the consumer has to be aware of where to draw the line, where helping ends and selling begins. But that’s being an informed consumer. And everyone should be an informed consumer.

Quick note: The women seen as inferior is a generalization of most cultures. In some, they might not have been. Hey, I don't know everything.