Quarintine Guide: Map Overdose Survive as a Human

tehParadox

Quarintine Guide: Map Overdose

Well, Quaintine. OMFG, whattehhellzombiesalwayswinz0rs! Need to beat them Zombies?

It's all about co-op and team work. Sometimes, if your lucky, you can have a zombie on your side, who can stand still blocking the others from you. You can even shoot through a gap in their arm, leg. You can create a human wall of guns, alternate your firing, and keep zombies/a zombie at bay. You could run, or you can hide.

Here are the hiding zones.

Information/Equippment
Humans-
Your playing Survive, team, and hide.
Zombies-
One hit is all it takes. Destroy... I mean infect. Those humans.

Equipment-
Do whatever you can to increase your speed. You will be no match, but every bit counts. Use Light Vests. There is no way to protect from a zombie hit. No. Way.

Weapons-
Machineguns
(DO NOT USE, but in EXTREME cases) MELEE- Most effective. Use as a LAST resort. It's far to CLOSE for zombies melee. Do not use this up close.
Assault Rifles/SMG's (some work well)
LAWS- Meh. Cheap mans damage.
Nades- Use em well, they work. I still wouldn't recommend trying to kill anything/zombies. Get knockback weapons. Worked the best for me.
Flamethrower- Kills zombies in like 10 Seconds. VERY useful.

Modifications
RELOAD MOD's. Your not going to kill a Zombie with a Machine gun, so why not get a fast reload?
EXTRA AMMO. Another god choice..

Zones/Outposts
Zone 1:
I am NOT a fan of this method, as it is risky, as there is two ways your opponent can enter. One zombie in, they get your team mates, and then your teamates get you from behind.

ALWAYS WATCH YOUR BACK. Go into the Med Room, up the boxes, and in the Med office, or through the Vent Shaft up there with 3 team mates. (4 total). At the WINDOW, place either two machine guns, or a Machinegun, Law or Flamethrower etc. Have the Machine gun alternate his fire with whoever is shooting whatever. Always altrnate. Also, when throwing a grenade, or shooting a law, etc, have the machine gun fire to keep the zombie still/at bay, giving you time for a shot. Then you cover him while he reloads, etc.

Now, take two men to the vent shaft, Same setup, 1 machinegun/fast firing, lots of ammo gun. One with Grenade Law or Flamethrower/Machinegune. Alternate shot.

This worked 3/9 times for me.

Zone 2:
This method also works well. But its two entrances is dangerous. Get in the main open space with the boxes and yellow stairs. There will be a platform, with about 3 ways to get there. Take ALL YOUR HUMAN men, maybe leave 1 to hide elsewhere just in case, or maybe 4 or so, depending on your size. Get on the boxes, now, jump to the platform. If your failing at this (fastest way) Go around, walk across the pipes or the other narrow strip there. Once your all there, Destroy the boxes below with a pistol/spare gun, so the zombies have one less way to get up. Use good weapons, and allign 1 man in the center, and a few at the 2 open entrances (after you destroyed the third)

When the Door Opens (Elevator) get inside, lock it, and have everyone load up. NOWS the time to use your flamethrower. When the zombies attack the bars be careful, after a while they WILL break through. So, get everyone shooting throw the bars at the zombies, throw some grenades through, have a field day with the flame thrower and roast the zombies.

Works 4/10 times. Results may vary.

If your with a team mate ALTERNATE YOUR SHOTS. When your shooting, make sure he is not, or reloading. If your both shooting, when you both end, the zombie will rush you and get you. This eliminates reloading at the same time of a partner.

Werbung:

rocktrns

wow this is an awesome guide.
I'm going to try some of these options
I thought it really doesn't matter what gun I have,but after reading this. It seems important to have a machine gun.
Thank you for this guide!

Miran_Eitan

Somewhat raw. You don't explain what weapons worked best for you really.

Whats the difference between running a K-1A1 to a G36? Is the Minimi or the M-60 more advised for the ranges that you have to fire?

Use the formatting controls on the forums to make it look better.

Nice job past that.

E

Elite SEAL

tips: don't use a sniper -although they do reduce zombie hp a fair amount, they don't really push them back.

usually all the players start at one place -get out your knife AND RUN!!!! hide some place, and hope you a) dont get found, b) if you do, then you can hold them back

if you are human -get all your team mates to go into that upstairs office that you can only access by walking along the narrow outcrop -make sure if you have two machine guns, then have one cover each entrance, and then disperse arms evenly, so that you don't get killed. (this is also risky, because if for some reason a zombie gets in, then they can get a fantastic over the rest, but it is unlikely they will get in)

also if you are human -you can get all of your team mates and like what it said in the guide, get to the elevator area, and destroy the boxes that allow a zombie to get to you from behind, and then disperse machine guns, ARs, etc. evenly, then if you survive, get into the elevator and hold back any and all zombies. (also risky)

mines -mines reduce zombie health, especially if the mines are together, but they don't push them back, so, they are good for example -along the pipe near the elevator.

while defending the elevator, if you have one man shooting straight at the zombie head on while it is on the pipe, then have 1 or 2 other guys shoot diagonally at the zombie, so that they push it off, buying time for you and your team mates.

hope this also helps.

E

Elite SEAL

Exactly, during some matches i played, i saw lots of no scopers, lol they were rinning like hell but got pwned by zombies...and the other dudes eho suvived were lol'ing at them...

yup, I found it out the hard way. I figured -OH!! I SHOULD HEADSHOT THE ZOMBIES!!!

no...ty nexon

tehParadox

Well, I would recommend a gun with a FAIR AMMOUNT of ammo, or a good ammount and fast reload.

You need Automatics. Pistol= Useless. Knives= Useless. Sure Melee does the most damage, but your to close. You need to keep a solid Distance.

I used a FAMAS and the Minimi.

Minimi is cheap, has a FASSSSST fire rate, and 100, gives me enough.

I also use the Flame Cloud Frag Nades. (Forgot the proper name). These work well when in the elevator, and theres like 7 zombies outside trying to break the bars. I throw the first one out, when its gone, the second. Also fire off all I got.

Jordan B

Flamethrower is epic against the zombies. Fastest way to kill them is with flamethrower actually. But it doesn't keep them at bay. So have someone MG'ing them against a wall then come up and torch them. Works wonders.

tehParadox

Flamethrower is epic against the zombies. Fastest way to kill them is with flamethrower actually. But it doesn't keep them at bay. So have someone MG'ing them against a wall then come up and torch them. Works wonders.

That is the point. Get em pinned to a wall/corner with some mg's. Just you don't find many Flamethrower users. I am trying to justify using my money on a game so filled with hackers, cry babies, etc.

E

Elite SEAL

yeah, the first time in CA history i havent seen a sniper during a match,

I KNOW! there's always that sniper freak in every map that always uses a sniper, but in Quarantine mode, all I see is M60s, Minimis, K3s, and regular ARs...I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people who tried to use one.

tehParadox

I pwn the sniper's from behind. Like on Snow Valley. Snipers only match. I am good, but against Eight Snipers I suck. Two of them aim at you, your screwed.

So I got my knife, ran through the spots, headshotting them with a knife from the side/behind.

john66

You really don't want a fast firing mg, you want one that fires nice and slow. To conserve ammo. Of course your trading off how fast you knock them back, but it's great at just keeping them away.

One thing nobody mentions is the camera! I have lived 3 matches by standing on it.

Nobody has tips for zombies. How about this for a tip, use crouch, your unmovable when ever you use crouch.

Werbung:

da_kachman

there's also a nice hiding spot in the room with a patients chair in it. Jump up the boxes that lead to the vent, but don't go in the room, instead jump onto the ledge and try to jump on the camera. Really tough to do but I've seen humans win easily by doing it