Nintendo Wii is now the best-selling console in the world

jesta

1171843287_gaming-1.jpg

"The warning signs were there, but no one expected it to happen this soon. The Financial Times is reporting that the Nintendo Wii is now the number one selling console in the world, even though the Xbox 360 enjoyed a full year head start. Based on sales data from the NPD Group, Enterbrain, and GfK, here is how the console sales break down:

* Nintendo Wii: 9 million units
* Xbox 360: 8.9 million units
* Playstation 3: 3.7 million units...

...It may be time to rethink what the mass market is actually looking for in a videogame system." Link

Werbung:

Becky

Ryano said:
Sorry but I have no clue if I can believe this source or not but if true then YYAAAAYYYY:):D

The Financial Times is a highly-respected international business newspaper, it's not a rumour-mill like the regular tabloids. I'd definitely trust them as a source, though I'm surprised to see the PS3 so far behind.

skyclaw

Becky said:
Ryano said:
Sorry but I have no clue if I can believe this source or not but if true then YYAAAAYYYY:):D

The Financial Times is a highly-respected international business newspaper, it's not a rumour-mill like the regular tabloids. I'd definitely trust them as a source, though I'm surprised to see the PS3 so far behind.

just wait for some price drops and i'm sure it'll catch up pretty quick

Wolfboy

I saw something along the same lines that stated the Wii has become the fastest to sell one million, took 38 weeks I think?

killman360

The PS3 will probably backfire on all consoles. alot of different websites say it will at least crush the xbox 360 by the end of next year. but the Wii, probably not for a long time.

Danny

killman360 said:
The PS3 will probably backfire on all consoles. alot of different websites say it will at least crush the xbox 360 by the end of next year. but the Wii, probably not for a long time.

As we talk right now.. 4 Wii's have been bought in the past 10 minutes.. So How Many PS3's have been sold on those 10 minutes?

Werbung:

Squiddy

Danny said:
killman360 said:

As we talk right now.. 4 Wii's have been bought in the past 10 minutes.. So How Many PS3's have been sold on those 10 minutes?

Does it really matter who sells more? Sales are just fanboy artillery for ' other console enemies'. As long as I get the games I want, I don't give a hoot who sells more.