Nintendo replaces Wii following house fire

hockeyhero

"A Wii owner whose house was involved in a fire and experienced his possessions go up in smoke including a Wii, had the bright idea to call Nintendo and see what they could do about it. Nintendo said they would reduce the repair costs to $82.50 and under $40 for 2 Wii remotes, 2 Nunchuks and the classic controller. However Nintendo went on to cover the cost of repairs to the system and accessories after re-considering the circumstances and even offered them a replacement for their chargrilled game."

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week went by and before Zanni could call them back, he received a voice mail. They were able to take a peek at the Wii and got the game currently in the console which was Cooking Mama. Unfortunately it was damaged and was unplayable. Due to it being a 3rd party game, Nintendo wasn't able to replace the game and instead offered them a list of games to choose from to replace it:

Big Brain Academy
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Party 8
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
Wii Sports
Wii Play

In his infinite wisdom, Zanni opted to talk it over with Misty, but was fairly certain their selection would be Metroid Prime 3.

During this phone call, Zanni took the time to ask once again about the repair costs. The person on the phone checked the system and didn't see anything about the costs and put him on hold to check with the person who had left the voice mail. When he came back, they quoted the same amounts that were previously stated, but considering the situation, Nintendo would cover the costs of repair to the system and accessories."

Full Link: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=21234

Werbung:

Pythorne

Nintendo's customer service rises..........Thanks alot for the article.....I was glad when i read this article. So if anything unusal happens to our Wii's aleast there is a change that nintendo could help us.
And ya i would pick Metriod prime 3 aswell. nice little touch to the article.......
Thanks again Hockeyhero

Ryano

Can I just say that I highly doubt Nintendo will repeat this, just a one off thing to get publicity.....thats what I think anyway...

Werbung:

wiipointsmaster

Ryano said:
Can I just say that I highly doubt Nintendo will repeat this, just a one off thing to get publicity.....thats what I think anyway...

ya you are probably right, otherwise everyone will be asking for a wii and burning their house. lol