Nintendo Reiterates No Need for Hard Drive

Disturbed1

Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Werbung:

Danny

MAR1O said:
it would be very helpfull...can you re-download VC games that youve already bought?(if you delete them)

Yes.. As long as you don't switch Wiis or return it to return it to nintendo

ironmaiden6669

I'll bet more than 90% of people would want a bigger hard drive.
Someone should start some sort of petition to show Nintendo or something.

I dare anyone to attempt to download all available VC games and see how quickly they run out of space.

And I suppose it can be likened to putting songs on your iPod.
But I've refused to buy an iPod until I can get a cheap one that will fit my entire collection of 5000+ songs. So, that should tell you what I think of the Wii hard drive.

I say to Nintendo; seriously - DO NOT tell customers that they don't want everything on their hard drive, 'cause that's a load of crap.

Maybe Nintendo should learn a lesson from Microsoft's shortcomings.
There's a damn good reason people put 750gb hard drives in XBOXes.

PS
Here's an idea; I am actually going to attempt to pose this question on Everybody Votes Channel tonight: "Want a bigger wii hard drive?"
I'll bet they won't allow the question.
But keep an eye out for it anyway.

jesta

lu1g1 said:
i think we should have a hard drive...or atleast be able to store games on a usb flash drive, or CD....

You can copy your games to an sd card but they wont work on other Wii's only yours. But I think the whole point is that you really don't need a hard drive as the games you buy will be your forever!! Even if you delete them!! :thumbup:

Danny

jesta said:
lu1g1 said:
i think we should have a hard drive...or atleast be able to store games on a usb flash drive, or CD....

You can copy your games to an sd card but they wont work on other Wii's only yours. But I think the whole point is that you really don't need a hard drive as the games you buy will be your forever!! Even if you delete them!! :thumbup:

True.. Also theres already a thread like this.. I remember it..

Werbung: