need help

KingRick

Hey,
I let someone hack my wii some days ago.
All I know is he built in some chip and added USB ports to the wii.
Now what I dont know is how to dld and play games on it now.
Could someone explain this all to me? And also I need to know WHERE I cant download games.

Thanks,
Rick

btw. I can add games to a external hdd and plug it into the usb port to play it ??? thats what the usb port is for?

Werbung:

spuznick242

Well, first of all, I wouldnt have let anyone hack anything of mine untill I knew exactly what it will do. Now from my understanding they hack Wii(s) to play copied games and so that you can do stuff that the orignal software wont allow. I would get in contact with him and see exactly what is changed. If you cant contact him (I'm kinda guessing you cant since you just didnt ask him) mess around with it, and google is your best friend in this case. You can find games to download on there more than likely and the USB ports are added so you can transfer the games from your PC to the Wii using a zip drive or just adding other data to it.

SpIkE_JoNzE

i think there is also a way of just hacking the wii OS, without opening the console case..but dunno...

the new hardware added will not let yoy play due to the lack of plug-ins...hey will have to be installed over the OS bases so they become proper wii software...

KingRick

I can indeed not contact him really for now.
He did gave a game with it. (mario kart burned on a dvd-r).
So I guess I just have to burn the .iso of a game on a dvd-r???

Then I only dont understand what the usb ports are for :S

spuznick242

Well he could have just added the USB ports for many reason, I would if I was making money off of moding. Its an extra feature that makes someone choose you over someone else. I would say he added the USB ports so you can transfer data, and expand the memory of the Wii its self, but there could be many more reasons. Just google it, and try to contact him.

spuznick242

it makes ur wii cooler than everyone's else LOL

LOL. Thats kinda what I was trying to get at, its something that people would just add in because they can and just to say they have it. But it also has a functional side too. Oh yea, let us know what they are accutally there for and what the mod acctually included.

spuznick242

I'm sure you can add just about everything, but I still would suggest just talking to the guy who modded it, but if you want to add anything homebrew just download it and transfer it over with a zip drive and see how it works, if it doesnt you know thats one thing that wont work, and just keep trying differnt stuff.

KingRick

Well I downloaded a game now (New super mario bros). PAL 4,37 gb.. all right.
I burned the ISO-file on a verbatim dvd-r with a 2x speed. When I put the dvd in my wii it does recognize the game (cause I can see the image of the game in the main wii menu. When I click it, the game animation starts. But when I press 'start' the screen turns black and send me back to the wii main menu.
What's wrong? :S

spuznick242

I have no clue. You made your first mistake when you went to mod it, your second when you didnt know what the mod was. Ask who ever created the mod or who modded it for you.

Werbung:

spuznick242

Shoot the jerk that mest it up in the first place

Well thats a bit far. Attempted murder at least for a $200. I would either contact him and ask him what exactly he did, or just junk it/sell it and start over with a new system. There is a reason why nitendo doesnt want you to mod the wii, and this would be part of the reason.