murpo server list

Salveros

banning people / kicking people because some in game people yell hacker / cheater / exploiter or something else is always a difficult decision.

Most of the time its just a good player, and the other team automatically calls him a hacker.
So unless its obvious hes hacking, most admins just ignore the whining

Werbung:

Runn3r

Salveros said:
banning people / kicking people because some in game people yell hacker / cheater / exploiter or something else is always a difficult decision.

Most of the time its just a good player, and the other team automatically calls him a hacker.

Yes true, i've been a server admin for the largest game-server providers in the uk for years in a community that was obsessed with cheats, and rightly so as they were a lot of them around, no proof and we could only log it, we had the advantage of being able to spec them but even then without it being very obvious we could not do anything.

However what I said above to Grok23 was fact not conjuncture, having been at the receiving end of the BB Bug for so long its very very obvious when you on the receiving end. But I never make snap decisions based on 1 kill.

I posted about this on the bfh forums:

"Ive a Royal level 29 soldier, used burning bullets since day 1 ( 210 Hours play time ), used all 3 smg's, use 2 smg's in my weapons line up so as you can imagine i've used every possible combination of smg with BB including switching mid BB time and NOTHING lets me dish out 18 damage ever.

Ive been on the receiving end of the BB bug so many times now I know instantly when someone is using it, on top of the fact level 5 MP doesn't stop it and i have to use a bandage as well although if i've been given a gunners shield i lose no heath at all other that the actual hit, earlier today I decided to count players using this that I came across, 3 in less than an hours play, I checked there profiles to check weapons etc and all were using the weapon/ability combination that causes it.

Out of interest I did some screen captures of there profiles and will check back a week or 2 after the update to check there kdr to see what diff it makes.

The sad thing was one player was level 30, with kdr of 1.06 whats he going to when this gets fixed ? "

grok23

Salveros said:

I'm quite aware of what being an admin entails and what they have to put up with as I spent years doing exactly that for a serious gaming clan in another shooter game. Digging through hit logs, spectating people, constantly monitoring game chat traffic and getting involved with 3rd party anti-cheat systems ended up taking up more time for me than I actually got in the game myself. It's also one of the big reasons that I enjoy this game so much now in that I have no responsibilities in it other than to have fun. Unfortunately I'm kind of tuned to spotting cheats now and pick up on them all too readily.

I'm also well aware that plenty of people just cry wolf whenever they get killed. It's for that reason that I took the time to explain exactly what the exploit was and which weapons he was using to gain advantage with it on several occasions.

If you want to call that whining, fair enough, I consider it offering up as much evidence as possible so that the admin can see it's not just somebody whinging about getting killed.

T33T

ForeverSoldier said:
Just what this community needs, an unranked filming server. Maybe people won't kill us when we try to film.

Well yes you got a point there!

btw.. why dont put the "server list" to the important topics? evryone wants they! right?

Werbung: