Modern Warfare 3 named 2011 best seller

Jessi

Looks like it beat out Battlefield 3 after all in the UK. It doesn't really surprise me any, but some were rooting for BF3 to step it up. Instead, it only sold 1.1 million copies compared to MW3's 2.8 million copies.

Actually, according to this article, the only entertainment product that beat out MW3 was Adele's music album. Geesh!

Werbung:

iebo00

Best seller just means 'most effective advertising campaign'. I really liked the first few Call of Duty games, but I think they've overdone it since, and I think the Battlefield series really is a better multi-player experience. Plus you can't beat the graphical glory of Battlefield 3.

Jessi

Best seller just means 'most effective advertising campaign'. I really liked the first few Call of Duty games, but I think they've overdone it since,

I think the second half of what you said there might hold more weight than the first. It seems like a lot of people really enjoyed the first couple and now they just blindly buy the latest releases in hopes of them being just as good. So even without amazing advertising campaigns, they're probably getting a lot of trickle purchases soley based on the previous games.

iebo00

I think the second half of what you said there might hold more weight than the first. It seems like a lot of people really enjoyed the first couple and now they just blindly buy the latest releases in hopes of them being just as good. So even without amazing advertising campaigns, they're probably getting a lot of trickle purchases soley based on the previous games.

I can see how that would be true, in the same way that people buy the same sports titles year after year even though there's very little difference in the actual game.

I'm not shocked by that. And I'm also upset. It just shows that people have no problem buying the same thing over and over again with minimal differences.

But I don't blame Activision for selling it to people over and over again. If the people are willingly parting with their money then well....

Scoobysteaks

I am not surprised and I will continue buying COD but only because of the social pressures, to be honest I hardly ever play and I am more on a RPG/Sandbox game type of person.

morbidity

You forgot to take into account how many people returned MW3 shortly after they purchased it. The GameStop and BestBuy near me had nearly 100 returns on the second week of MW3's release. I know about this because I worked for the GameStop that got the returns. It's quite sad what Call of Duty has turned into in the past couple of years. I wish they could create a totally new Call of Duty that would amaze me, not the same game with reskinned guns and same graphics.

lynbetz3

Doesn't surprise me. My husband and I always buy modern warfare games as soon as they come out, they the best shooter and the most fun to play in my opinion and when they come out with new packs it just makes them all the more interesting.

Werbung: