Mii Channel & Photo Channel 1.1 - Brick on my Wii (Please Help)

woeijing83

Hi there

Bought a Wii from HK. Confirmed with the seller that the wii works on all games. Was told and can confirm it is from Korea Wii as all the insturctions books are in Korea Language.
However, when i got back and start to go into the Mii Channel, it shows there is a problem to on the Mii Channel and Photo Channel.
When i start it pops up with a message like “You can’t access this channel. Which means i bought a semi-bricked Wii. ;(

I've check on a few forums and some of them suggest that there might be more multiple channel installed.
Ex: Mii Channel Korean and US, Photo Channel Korean and US, News Channel Korean, US and Europe.
I've followed the forum's suggestions and some says it works by using a technique to delete the duplicate channels such as below:

Step:
1. Download channel file manager
2. Extract
3. Copy folder Channel File Manager to folder apps in SDCard
4. Insert SDCard to wii, turn it on
5. Go to HBC -> open Channel File Manager
6. Press A
7. Choose Wii NAND
8. Choose System Channel Titles
9. Choose which file you want to delete. See reference below.

—————————————————————–
HAAx Photo Channel
HABx Shopping Channel
HACx Mii Channel
HAFx Weather/Forecast Channel
HAGx News Channel
HAYx Photo Channel 1.1
—————————————————————–
x=”Region/Country”

K=Korean
J=Japann
A=America
E=Europ

Link: Cannot access Mii channel on Korean Wii at JOKERz Lounge … orean-wii/

However I've check on my wii nothing seems to be duplicate and I dunno what to do.
All I've seen in the system is as below:

System Channel Titles:

HABK - Shopping Channel
HAYK - Photo Channel 1.1
HAAA - Photo Channel
HACK - Mii Channel

Also I've found a few channels such as below, I'm not sure whether it is related or not.
Hidden Channel:
HAKK

Install Channel Titles:
SSVK
BMXL
HAXX

Games that used channels:
RFNP
RMNP

Can someone gurus here can sssit me to solve the Mii channel.
Many thanks for all reply and hope i can solve this problem.

Werbung:

titch.ryan

i dont think theres anyone here who has that much knowledge of these kind of hacks.
try looking at the threads on gba temp they have solutions for semi bricks.

jesta

Hey woeijing83, welcome to TWF

I see you have an American version of the photo channel 'HAAA' as well as the Korean photo channel 1.1 'HAYK' - could be an issue?
What firmware are you on? if 3.3 or lower, you could update to 3.4 or even 3.5 since that has come out in Korea. Then downgrade in a safe manner. Hopefully the update will sort out your probs ;)
But as Titch said, search GBAtemp, they're the pros at this kind of issue

woeijing83

Hey woeijing83, welcome to TWF

I see you have an American version of the photo channel 'HAAA' as well as the Korean photo channel 1.1 'HAYK' - could be an issue?
What firmware are you on? if 3.3 or lower, you could update to 3.4 or even 3.5 since that has come out in Korea. Then downgrade in a safe manner. Hopefully the update will sort out your probs ;)
But as Titch said, search GBAtemp, they're the pros at this kind of issue

Thanks titch.ryan and jesta for the reply. I will try GBAtemp like wat you say more pros hang around there.

Shall i get rid of the HAYK?
Also how can I have Ver. 3.2.U firmware.
Other forum says that i am are running an American firmware on a Korean Wii. Do you think it was the problem?

If so, what can i do to solve the problem?

Werbung:

jesta

Ah ha! yes I reckon thats the problem. You'll definitely need to update via a Korean wii game disc. I hope you have some.
Also don't delete HAYK as thats Korean. I would just do an update