making a trailer for my novel...

Super Six 4

hi guys, I've been wanting to do a trailer on youtube for A War No Longer Cold...you know, my alt history novel. Anyways, I just need some advice, any advice for how to do it, and btw I'm cheap, so don't tell me to buy software and stuff. So...

-Help with formatting movies for Windows Movie Maker (vista)...this is a big problem-I've tried mp4, avi, mpg, etc. and they all won't work correctly.

so if you have any advice to offer, I'd appreciate it!

Werbung:

BossMaroni

Are you editting together footage from other films? Game footage? New, live action stuff?

I can play the slightly overweight comic relief. I already have one semi-professional "acting" credit on imdb.com, hehe. :eek:)

Super Six 4

When you are ready to edit download the Free Trial version of Sony Vegas Pro editing Software.
I heard professionals use it.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials/vegaspro

Also when you are doing your trailer make sure you have multiple angles.

Yeah I've heard of SVP but never used it. What do you mean about multiple agles?

Are you editting together footage from other films? Game footage? New, live action stuff?

I can play the slightly overweight comic relief. I already have one semi-professional "acting" credit on imdb.com, hehe. :eek:)

I laughed out loud in my school library when I read that Maroni, and people looked at me:LOL:

Btw I'm using all movie clips, and then putting in text sequences.

rocktrns

I mean multiple angles by multiple camera angles make sure you get more than one point of view such as top views side views.

spuznick242

Its not the most legal way of doing things but I know a few places where you can get sony vegas pro for free. My bro made a few really nice things on there, it costs to get legally but its worth it if your not into the whole free thing.

SpIkE_JoNzE

im practically doing the same mate, i wanna do an animated trailer for my novel, but i need to give life to my draws...i found some cool softwares thing ya could use: Motion Portrait and Autodesk Maya.

Super Six 4

I mean multiple angles by multiple camera angles make sure you get more than one point of view such as top views side views.

I'm not using a video camera...

Its not the most legal way of doing things but I know a few places where you can get sony vegas pro for free. My bro made a few really nice things on there, it costs to get legally but its worth it if your not into the whole free thing.

i kinda do too

im practically doing the same mate, i wanna do an animated trailer for my novel, but i need to give life to my draws...i found some cool softwares thing ya could use: Motion Portrait and Autodesk Maya.

Novel? You should make a thread in the books or stories section about it.

spuznick242

Yea I would suggest getting sony vegas pro anyway you can, trust me its worth it, in under an hour with a bit of prevous experience, you'll have a half good video going, with more practice and time, it'll look great.

spuznick242

i need to translate it lol, its too much reading LOL

how about an online translater, like the kind that you can just paste what you want translated, select the current language and the translated version and it'll translate, its not going to be exact but it'll be close enough to give everyone the idea.

SpIkE_JoNzE

how about an online translater, like the kind that you can just paste what you want translated, select the current language and the translated version and it'll translate, its not going to be exact but it'll be close enough to give everyone the idea.

i've tried those once, but they still don't convince meh...

spuznick242

Oh, I've used them a few times for school and there is even a good one for the vista side bar. The one for the vista side bar is really good, it got my friend a 98% in spanish 3 which is the hardest spanish in my school.

Werbung:

spuznick242

Yea, give it a try, it'll get it close if not perfect if you find a good translater, the one on the vista side bar was really good, english to spanish was 100% everytime.