Linux - on wii

micro.pw

Don't know if anyone here is a Linux fan - but wiili.org is trying to get Linux on wii.
For none uber techy people - this means that the wii will run like a standard computer- with wiimote support of course- so emulated games could be a strong possiblity!
What do you people think?
Will you be installing it even if it means modifing hardware?
Or will you hope for a live-cd?

Werbung:

badboykane

It will have to be a live dvd because the Wii memory isn't enough to install linux on.

You will have to mod the console to use it as otherwise the Wii won't read the disc unless it is a shop retail dvd.

Luckily my console is already modded so can just download linux if it ever happened.

At the moment there is no homebrew at all for the Wii so it might be a while off yet before we actually see this working.

You can already play emulated games on the Wii through the Gamecube homebrew scene

badboykane

You will also require your Wii modded to use Linux on it, because they don't sell it, they offer it for download and the only way to use downloaded discs on a Wii is to mod it.

kaitora

ever heard of DSL??? Damn Small Linux... and that was designed to fit on pen drives... and what does wii have at the back?? USB.... think about it.... all that is needed is someone to ready drivers so that a pen drive is useable on wii... et voila

killtheoldway

thats tue i have linux on a boot CD! and its less than 700mb, but still to me doesnt seem that interesting, why would u want to turn your games console into a OS ?

kaitora

check out linux on ps2 if you must... but linux can be on a lot of things... people have it on computers... ipods... ps2's etc.... i always used to think it was the challenge...

badboykane

Linux is already on the Gamecube and if you have a modded wii you can run it on that anyway, there won't be much of a change between the GC and Wii versions

Werbung:

badboykane

Nothing really, its just people like to show what they can do with homebrew on modded consoles.
Everything they get to work is a step further in development for something else.