Kong

Morrowind1357

Hey there everybody. I've decided to quit work on my WoW rpg and instead i have decided to make an Epic RPG based on Peter Jacksons movie King Kong. I have always been a fan of giant beasts such as Kong, Godzilla etc. Im guessing you guys may not like the sound of this map, but i am dedicated to finishing it, and most likley it will not be multiplayer, unless i think a multiplayer version should be made. In time i may need the talents of people of this site to help me, though not just yet. I know i will be flamed for this also but i am going to use the WoW model of a gorilla as Kong himself, i feel it is only for the best as a bear re-skin would look stupid and ugly. The map has been based on shallow water with ground levitated so no ugly rivers and ponds etc. It will take place on Skull island and not Manhattan. Kong might be playable if a multiplayer map arises, or else you play as Carl Denham, Jack Driscoll etc. Proper Music will probably be used. May need somebody to give enemies or Kong AI for single player. ALSO i might make this into a 3-4 chapter campaign stretching across the environments seen in the movie.

Screenshots will come when i have made enough suitable terrain, also note that the map may be around 5mb, but it is a 256 by 256 epic sized map. Discuss your thoughts on my project, tell me if your interested in helping or just give me your ideas. Thanks for reading this you guys :D

Morrowind1357

KONG COMPLETION

TERRAIN: %34
TRIGGERS: %0
MUSIC: %50
ABILITIES: %0
UNITS %2
COMPLETED LANDSCAPE: %23
TOTAL COMPLETION: %17

SCREENSHOTS

Check the Gallery for the whole collection. Here are some newer ones.

med_gallery_125_12_19372.jpg

Kong will not be there in-game ;)

med_gallery_125_12_83256.jpg

The jagged coast of Skull Island means that docking there would be a near impossible feat.

Werbung:

Morrowind1357

Thanks Flad, thanks for both the things you said ;) Check the main post for the first two screenies guys, Although i havnt actually started the terrain just yet, i thought ill keep you occupied.

Undead_Lives

I haven't seen it and don't plan to. I haven't heard anything about it so unless a friend of mine gives me a review, I'll forget about it.
However, I am kinda sad that you decided not to have the city for terrain. I would have liked to see skyscrapers :p
other than that..good luck with the project.

Morrowind1357

A King Kong model not ripped from WoW...[/b]

I know that, but as ive said multiple times, theres no other way at the moment. Maybe if somebody could make me a Kong model, that has a few good animations such as chest beating etc. then im more than happy to use that.

Benx_X

i didnt mind that movie king kong, i loved the giants bugs to, and were he kicks 3 T-rex's @$$, so gl hf try finish it

Morrowind1357

I wish you good luck with this, If you will complete it I shall certainly play it :)
Did you remove the screenshot of Kong?[/b]

Thanks Arkidas :) and im sorry but i dont understand what you meant by removing the screenshot of kong :/.

i didnt mind that movie king kong, i loved the giants bugs to, and were he kicks 3 T-rex's @$$, so gl hf try finish it[/b]

Dont worry Ben, youll be seeing lots of that ;)

Morrowind1357

Kongs development is sitting on around %16.5 completion, check the main post for all the information. I have just skinned a T-rex into a V-rex, the giant dinosaur seen in King Kong.

Werbung:

Arkidas

I didn't notice Kong at first. I see him now :),
Looks cool.
You should perhaps write a tutorial that explains how to rip models from WOW :)