Konami Announces Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection

Judge

Konami is realeasing a MGS 1-3 box set. Only $29.99 I'm gonna get this. Anyone else?

Well, Konami has finally announced it. Today, they announced that the complete Metal Gear Solid box set for the PS2 titled Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection is on it's way. The box set will include Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence along with the directors cut for part 2 and 3.

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today confirmed speculation that Metal Gear Solid ®: the Essential Collection is currently planned for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Now Metal Gear Solid fans have the final chance to fully immerse themselves in the Metal Gear Solid universe before the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

"Since its inception, the Metal Gear Solid franchise has been one of the most successful game series in the history of video games, receiving worldwide recognition and praise," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. "Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection represents a great value for gamers, bringing together three must-have classic titles which pioneered the stealth action genre."

Metal Gear Solid: the Essential Collection includes the original Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation game console, the director's cut of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 in a commemorative package with artwork by renowned Metal Gear Solid artist Yoji Shinkawa.

Metal Gear Solid: the Essential Collection is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and sells for a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information visit the website at www.konami.com.

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2008/02/konami-announces-metal-gear-solid.html

Werbung:
thats awesome that they are going to be makeing a box set beacuse people won't have to go around looking for all those games one by one it will be alot better when this comes out Ive noticed that almost every ps2 game has a box set now. but that's a good price also I would pay it but i already own most of the metal gear solid games now.

RedAlert

It's a shame they aren't actually going to be including the original Metal Gear Solid in the remaster set, just Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. Hopefully this means that they might be able to remake the original with Metal Gear Solid 4 graphics as some kind of tie in to an anniversary of it.

Shepherd337

This is without a doubt awesome news and it finally allows for me to show my brother in law the awesomeness that is MGS 3. :) I just wish it came with the first one, as that IS the essential game.

RPCOM

I would like this pack to be released on the PC. It would be cheaper and better for us PC gamers. Let us wait and see what will happen... :)

Werbung:
I would like this pack to be released on the PC. It would be cheaper and better for us PC gamers. Let us wait and see what will happen... :)

As usual, the PC is an afterthought for developers. So if by small chance it does go on the PC, it won't be for a long time later.