just a thought

Werbung:
ok this is strange, on some maps there are slots, and on others there are not, when we got to the map with the slot his/her/they game went to shit and he/she/it left mid map. hmmm Das UberGeigh!

WoRm5406

The server is currently a 28 person server.

Of this:

24 normal slots + 4 reserve slots = 28 slots.

THIS MEANS:

When there are 23 people on the server (reguardless of reserve slot status) another person joins with no problem.

Now the server will check the status of EACH NEXT person that joins.

They must have the reserve slot flag set.

Once the server gets to 28 people, reguardless of reserve slot or any additional admin rights no one can join.

WoRm5406

aurora said:
WoRm5406 said:

Of this:

that cuz some ping/lag problems yestarday.

Excuse me??

The slots on the server would not have caused this.

Our provider is currently looking at a ping issue within thier data center.

but if you could do the following and post it in server discussion it would help:

Start Buttom...
Run...
CMD <press enter>
[at the c: prompt]
tracert 209.40.98.30

Copy and paste the ENTIRE screen to a post in "server discussion" area.
Also put the city where you are comming from.

imported_SuXoR

WoRm5406 said:

Of this:

THIS MEANS:

When there are 23 people on the server (reguardless of reserve slot status) another person joins with no problem.

Now the server will check the status of EACH NEXT person that joins.

They must have the reserve slot flag set.

Once the server gets to 28 people, reguardless of reserve slot or any additional admin rights no one can join.

Ok...

Now I'm corn-fused. If the server is full, then reserve slot does not guarantee that one can get in?

WoRm5406

The aspect of people joing and leaving on a regular basis will normally allow a reserve slot to get in.

Lets say there are 27 people in right now.

"John Doe" drops because mommy wants him to take out the trash. Well he did not have a reserve slot, he dropped, and now there are 26 full. When he tries to get back on he can not due to the reserve slot.

If you ever get a chance watch how many people come and go in the course of a map. Some people leave and come back 3-4 times in the4 course of just one map.

So in that example the reserve slot person has NEXT DIBS on the next slot. As a normal person would get dropped due to "slot reservation" the reserve person would get the next slot, if it was at 28 slots full.

Reserve slots would guarantee your being able to play.

In the coruse of a map I have seen it get to 26 people. People getting the message about reserve slot every 5 seconds. (the server keeps a log of this) all of a sudden 3 people dropped and it is like a fight to see who can get that one non-reserve slot first. But then these people waiting suddenly see it go up to 27... "ARGH I should of gotten that reserve slot" they scream into the MIC as if it is connected to the server already. Well a reserve slot would of covered that the second they connected.

That is one reason that you will see an AFK get kicked for sitting more than 2-3 rounds. Keep in mind that just because you said "I gotta go pee dont kick me" The server console does not convert that to text and an admin watching the server, or a server variable, does not know this.

As we have all seen over the past week with the better ping many people , both regulars and new, have been keeping the server busy, if not full, between 4pm and midnight.

The server has had activity from 11am until 3am for the whole week. About 11am 4-5 get on and by 2 there are 10+, by 4 it is normally full. Around 2am it starts to go down a bit, the night crew comes in, it peaks again and gets empty around 5am. Yes there are off times/nights where people run because some one farted, but this has held true since the new server(s) have come on line.

This is on average 18-20 hours a day that someone is sitting on the server, a physical person.

BillyTheKid

actually i beleive it used to be if the server was toally full it would kick someone from the server to let them in
it used to happen to me a lot

WoRm5406

I am not dening this. But I know with me, with admin status, I have had to wait until one person dropped, I would get "server full" message.

It is possible but I have not been in that situation.

Someone said the before, but that was at map change, and a reserve slot jumped in before the regular did, during the change, and it kicked them.

since I lost my reserved slot I will watch for the map change knowing I can get in past other players with a 3.4ghz 2 gig of ram and 6k cable, yall are still loading and Im already buying up waiting for the 2nd restart :)

that makes sense and than you, but can admin go to spectate and watch the mother fuckers? the same dude (gal) hase been in mid day-early evening 3 or 4 days playing like ass when admin is in but goes on 7-15 kill streaks when the coast is clear. (my coast is blue and white, but thiers is clear, weird I know)

Werbung:

WoRm5406

If there is still a slot open and Admin can come in just like anyone else, If it is past the 24 then obviously they would take up a reserved slot. Even those in spectate take up a slot. so staying in Spectate might end up with the boot.

Normally those actually in spectate are peeing/pooping/blzing so I personally give them like 3-4 round leeway. But then I make them join a team or kick them.

I have accidently kicked people before that had JUST got back when I kicked them. But I didnt not know they were AFK for a reason. (oops and sorry)