Is the Wii Zapper EVIL?

jesta

An article from the aptly named 'Parental Guidance' asked the general public (of Jersey, US) what they thought of the new Wii Zapper...

133688-1-1.jpg

...Most people thought 'it's a bone-headed idea'.

One reader commented "Great, this is what we need. Children with guns learning how to aim and shoot. Then we can sit back and wonder what is happening to our country with kids killing kids......what's next? Could we make it squirt blood, too"

"A "very concerned grandparent" wrote:
"....Why don't they enclose an application to the NRA in every box as well....the marketing person who came up with this brain child of an idea should be fired."

"I think it's irresponsible for Wii to come out with a controller that looks like a gun so kids can play games simulating shooting. What kind of message are we sending as parents when we buy these things for our kids?" Another reader commented.

Jeez, no-one had a problem when the original NES zapper came out, or the 'Super scope', or the light gun for time crisis etc. etc. etc.

lightgun1.jpg

SNES_superscope.jpg

zforcegun.jpg

Not all the responses were like this though. One pro-Wii reply was, "....I really hope that those people out there who believe that a gun-shaped remote will turn every kid that touches one into a homicidal maniac, don't ruin the fun for us Wii-playing adults who can handle the reality. I grew up with toy guns and also shot a rifle in the sixth grade and never killed anyone....If you don't think it's a good idea, then please, feel free to exercise your right to protest by not purchasing the product....."

I can't agree more. Let bygones be bygones!!

Full article here

Werbung:

Danny

Not all the responses were like this though. One pro-Wii reply was, "....I really hope that those people out there who believe that a gun-shaped remote will turn every kid that touches one into a homicidal maniac, don't ruin the fun for us Wii-playing adults who can handle the reality. I grew up with toy guns and also shot a rifle in the sixth grade and never killed anyone....If you don't think it's a good idea, then please, feel free to exercise your right to protest by not purchasing the product....."

I am Danny And I Approve That Guys Message!

Werbung:

Phillysoul11

wow i cant believe people are getting so uptight about the zapper :p
ITS A FRIKKAN VIDEO GAME CONTROLLER!
its just like playing duck hunt lol