Hunter's 'Wave Raid' ?

:yawn: <-- battle cry.
Alright, so hey, I decided to randomly pick up the editor. (Which is something I haven't done in a while)

While I was at it, I decided I'd make a map. No biggie.
So anyways - this mpa is TINY (32X32) and it doesn't even use the whole thing. I actually haven't tested it out yet or anything, and anything looks better than it really is before anything happens. So basically there are 4 lanes (very short lanes) that connect:
Player 1 -> Player 5
Player 2 -> Player 6
Player 3 -> Player 7
Player 4 -> Player 8

Player's 1-4 are on a team and 5-8 are on a team.
Basically, there is an outpost at the start/end of each lane that sells units.
So, you just buy units, and try to kill your enemy. It's a VERY simple game.
Not sure how to describe it...
WAIT! I KNOW!
You know that "Tower Wars" map? Wehere you had to build towers, and you could spawn units and they had to get through your enemies mazes? Well it's like that, except there are no towers to be built, and your units fight, and you try to destory your enemies outpost.

So anyways, to make it more interesting, there's also a Wizard's tower behind each outpost which has numerous spells that can be cast to turn the tide of battle. And yeah...

I don't want to get too far into it seeing where as I basically started the map.. today? And not sure about much of anything in it.
Also, I need a name change. Not sure if I like the name.

I guess I'll start testing eventually... but I can't host so I need to remake my old account and rejoin my old guild and hope someone's active. But hey w/e.

:nuts: WOOGA WOOGA WOOGA :nuts:
I'll post screenshots later.

Oh and, no, there's no guarentee I'll even finish this map. But w/e. It won't take that long. I'd say I'm a good 50% done already. :D

-Hunter
PS: This map'll get more complex the more I go along. (More units/upgrades/bonus'/extras. The whole 8 yards.

JUST FELT LIKE POSTING!!!
:smirk:

Werbung:

Squishy-1

sounds like magic the gathering except instead of buildings you summon monsters from a shop... i like thoose games but i wish they would last longer, if you want it to be spread on bnet i would try to make a reset trigger to do that make all triggers that would normally be initialization into (trigger reset has been activated) under the event
the actual trigger would be
event:
Condition:
Action:
wait .001 seconds
Disable this trigger

there would also be a trigger like this
Map initilization

activate reset

and along with that instead of enforcing victory or defeat make another trigger
event: (victory/defeat has been activated in this case player loses building)
condition: winning/losing player is still in game
action: open a dialog box(or whatever it is called i forgot) for triggering player(s) titled "replay?"
create option "yes"
create option "no"
If "yes" then remove all player owned units (triggering player), then activate trigger "reset" else if show victory/defeat conditions

you can probably understand what i meant since it isnt quite gui style, but thats only if u wanna get it spread online

Mavus

Name suggestion could be "Tug o' War" Because they're fighting for the ground, I dunno just an attempt at naming it.

Squishy-1

yaaay i made a impact on a potential map! but yeah some of the stuff might not exist but im sure u can easily replace some of the stuff with variables or by another thing but n e way yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Werbung:

PiRho

This sounds like a fun and entertaining project. Keep up the work on it and it will be great to see the progress. :)