How to play movies on Nintendo Wii

badboykane

OK, not sure if ok to post this topic here so please tell me if I am in the wrong section. Couldn't find this tut anywhere on the site so again please tell me if it is here already. I thought it was quite a good little tut to play videos on your Wii.

With no DVD support your options are limited but it is possible to watch movies on your Wii.

You will need to have your movie on your hard drive in a DivX, Avi, MPG or MOV format.

Once you have your chosen movie you will need to use a program called Wii Video 9 to convert it to a Wii readable format.

You can download Wii Video 9 HERE

Once your movie is in the correct format using the above programs you will need to put the movie on an SD card. The output of the file will not be compressed so you will need to have a rather large SD card.
The Wii only supports up to 2GB but I would not use anything lower than a 1GB card. The prices of flash memory have dropped in price so you should have no problem finding a 2GB SD card under $50.

Now all you need to do is insert the SD card into your Wii and go to the photo channel. Select watch movie and you are set.

Werbung:

Ryano

I think this should be put in the Wii Hardware section...oh and pretty cool, but I have a perfectly good DVD player;)

badboykane

WOW, perhaps I shouldn't have even bothered to post this at all. Full of negative comments so far.

I think everyone has a dvd player but it is just something that is able to be done on a Wii so I thought people may like to see, obviously not.

Ryano

badboykane said:
WOW, perhaps I shouldn't have even bothered to post this at all. Full of negative comments so far.

I think everyone has a dvd player but it is just something that is able to be done on a Wii so I thought people may like to see, obviously not.

Don't be like that man, there just peoples opinions...

thexcheat

lol its just if people have a wii, they will defantly have a dvd player... but it is cool that you can do it (even though i would never try)

killman360

MAR1O said:
lol its just if people have a wii, they will defantly have a dvd player... but it is cool that you can do it (even though i would never try)

I probably will never use it either, but it is a cool discovery:thumbup1:.

Ryano

killman360 said:
MAR1O said:

I probably will never use it either, but it is a cool discovery:thumbup1:.

Yeah I agree its cool...but now that I think about it didn't skyclaw discover this a while ago?

badboykane

It has been around almost since the wii has, I remember trying it at the beginning of the year but I just never posted about it anywhere.

Before the converter prog came out you had to manually create the folders to put the videos in and some worked and some didn't but now it is simple.

I would never use it myself either, I have tried it to make sure it is worth posting about but thats it. I usually just watch all our movies straight from my PC to my tv anyway. Only burn to disc if people wish to borrow them.

badboykane

Obviously no-one is going to use it for playing their dvd's if they have them on dvd already. It is quicker if you have an AVI on your pc you want to watch on the tv, rather than burn to disc, just drag to an sd and play in the Wii.
If you have your pc connected to the tv like I do then there is no point.

Werbung:

kevmaster

I think it is interesting, although it would probably be better to compile it to be able to fit it on the SD card. I would rather have a free DVD burning software though, because I have a REALLY big stack of blank DVDs, so if anyone knows of such software, I would be glad to know where I could get it.