How long have you played Wc3?

ragingspeedhorn

Yeah as the topic says how long have you been playing Warcraft 3? And how long have you been modding it also? :D

Me? I started out not long after the game was released (not beta though) and played for about 6 months without modding or anything, it kinda sucked back then but oh well. I then started to visit wc3campaigns a bit under another username and tried to learn how to make maps but left after 2-3 months or so from the site (and wc3 shortly after) because of erhm some "issues" with the mods back then, the username back then no one remembers I think, I were just yet another noob on the site (though I were a real smartass :) ).

Then I started playing wc3 again for about 9 months ago and started modding again about 7 months ago.

Werbung:

Fladian

Warcraft itself for about a year. The Frozen Throne didn't really provide me with more gameplay, so that's about it.
I (officially) stopped modding a few months after TFT was released.

Because I got interested in the story of the RoC, I created a thread at Wc3c asking something like 'what happened with Thrall and Jaina', if I recall. I was semi-active during that time under the name of 'Dark Dragon', but after a while, I asked it to be changed to Fladian. During my Dark Dragon time, I had at least a half year of inactivity.

Did I achieve anything during that time? Yeah. I made a 192 x 192 map fully terrained for a project, and I became one-heck-of-a-terrainer. I also helped some random projects for no particular reason.
During the RoC time (ROC is the name of my school too, come to think of it :p) I had a good idea for a project and started to work on it together with another member. The project was called 'Sashara's Travels' which changed later into 'Demons Return.' But even though everyone knew I worked on a project, they knew awfully little about it. When the Campaign Contest at Wc3c began, I changed the name of Demons Return (again) and joined the Campaign Contest, which, as you all know, never finished. The project I was working on never died though, as it is still active under very slow progress. The project, 'Demons Return' was changed to 'the Unsung Song', the name it still has. I promised a few people that I'd finish 'the Unsung Song' someday. Though I cannot promise it will be in the Engine, or any engine at all for that matter. Perhaps it will only be there as a story in a book. But I will finish it someday... it would be quite a waste of the history otherwise too, it took me more than a year to create that. :p

KingZeus

I have played it since 5th grade that was 3 and almost 4 years ago and I started mapmaking as soon as I found world editer.

ragingspeedhorn

i only been playing for about a year and a half, never realy did much modding cause im not good at it
[/b]

Do you think everyone started out as being good at it? No they learn, anyone can learn how to mod properly, even you Ben :)

Squishy-1

i started playing warcraft like 9 years ago and wc3 as soon as it came out which was like 2002 or something but ive been playing blizzard games since i was 3 and im almost 15 now and i only started modding like 4 months ago

refl3ction

ive been playin wc3: tft for bout a year and a half but i got original wc3 about a month after it released
i havent been modding it for awhile maybe bout a half a year

Werbung:

MeTaL GuArD

I was playing wc3 already in 2002, but it was on single cause i havent got internet that time. In second half of 2003, i already had TFT, i finally had a net that was good enough to play on Battle.net. So it would go this way: single wc3 1 and a half year, Battle.net is 3 years.