Help me decide.

yocool

Hey I'm getting a Xbox 360 elite, or an PS3 here soon. But I don't know which one to buy. So could you guys tell me which one I should buy and why? I would really appreciate it.

P.S. I have played a PS2 before, but I have a regular xbox so I'm used to the buttons.

Werbung:

Super Six 4

PS3
The controls are easieer
You also get free internet acess(With X-Box you have to pay)
Blue ray disc!

yah but PS3 online is hackish, isnt it? I mean like a lot.

Just look at the xbox vs ps3 thread to decide, but some views might be more radical towars 1 side than just throwing out comparisons.

Master_7

PS3

unless you are a Halo fanboy... something about having to pay to play online doesn't sit well with me also... bluray movies ftw

spuznick242

yah but PS3 online is hackish, isnt it? I mean like a lot.

Just look at the xbox vs ps3 thread to decide, but some views might be more radical towars 1 side than just throwing out comparisons.

Acctually just like two weeks ago they finally hacked PS3, but it's not released, or even devoloped. I dont know who did it but I gota hand it to them, its medium complicated hardware but some insane software. Every game also has their own server, so they'd need to hack the servers too for any advantage in game really and every game will have to have their own set of hacks. And I'll admit it, I'm a die hard fan of the PS3, I dont really see anything that 360 has that PS3 doesnt other than a voice that anyone can use no matter what their playing, they can all talk together, where PS3 you have to be in the same game or at the homepage.

spuznick242

Oh yea, sorry for the double post but 360 might be good for modding, but its also a downfall, because its so easy to mod its easy to mod games and mod them online. Hacking 360 accounts are nothing. As for PS3 games there was only one hack that I ever heard anything about and it was only a glitch to get 10th prestige on MW2. Modding is good, but also a downfall, PS3 keeps it seperate with having a server for each game, its much harder to hack since the first PS3 was just modded a little bit ago, but there is no online hacks or game mods that are PS3 games.

Roger117

I'd say Xbox 360, not because I have an Xbox, but the point there are more "exclusive" games at your disposal. Gears of War and Halo Series with upcoming release of a new Halo game (forgot the name), Forza 2/3, Crackdown, Fable and more. It is also cheaper, not sure if that makes a difference, but extra $60 - $100 means a new game too.

If you have or used Live, that is a plus because it's more popular than PSN. I have played COD on PS2 and ended up waiting 10 minutes for a game. This might have changed, but I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy Xbox Live over PSN.

And with Blu-Ray, there is NO difference with DVDs, UNLESS you have a full HD (1080i) Plasma/LCD TV and HDMI from PS3 to TV. And really, there are those Panasonic promotions where you get a free Blu-Ray player with a full HD TV purchase.

Super Six 4

I'd say Xbox 360, not because I have an Xbox, but the point there are more "exclusive" games at your disposal. Gears of War and Halo Series with upcoming release of a new Halo game (forgot the name), Forza 2/3, Crackdown, Fable and more. It is also cheaper, not sure if that makes a difference, but extra $60 - $100 means a new game too.

If you have or used Live, that is a plus because it's more popular than PSN. I have played COD on PS2 and ended up waiting 10 minutes for a game. This might have changed, but I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy Xbox Live over PSN.

And with Blu-Ray, there is NO difference with DVDs, UNLESS you have a full HD (1080i) Plasma/LCD TV and HDMI from PS3 to TV. And really, there are those Panasonic promotions where you get a free Blu-Ray player with a full HD TV purchase.

Hmm...interesting.

If you're a gamer that wants variety in your games, you should go with the PS3. They have an abundance in almost every genre. And their list of exclusives seems to be growing by the day. Their games seem to keep getting better and more diverse as the generation goes on as well. Combined with the price tag, the PS3 is the way to go. I have a 360 too, but yeah, my heart is on the PS3.

Don't forget that having free PSN means it will be weaker and therefore be more susceptible to hacking.

Being Free has nothing to do with that. They just need to upgrade security plain and simple. Look at Steam. Steam's security is out of this world yet they don't make you pay for it. The PS3 is only in the hacking news because hackers with vendettas are making a point to hack PSN. If they wanted to hack xbox live they would just like they have in the past.

So no bro, it has nothing to do with being a pay service or not.

Being Free has nothing to do with that. They just need to upgrade security plain and simple. Look at Steam. Steam's security is out of this world yet they don't make you pay for it. The PS3 is only in the hacking news because hackers with vendettas are making a point to hack PSN. If they wanted to hack xbox live they would just like they have in the past.

So no bro, it has nothing to do with being a pay service or not.

Steam don't make you pay for the security, they make you pay for the service.

I'd reckon tbh that because Sony is making less money out of PS3 they might be spending less money on security.

Though I do recognize whether or not technical difficulty is actually a valid point as microsoft workers can be JUST as susceptible if not even more, to social engineering attacks.

iebo00

Sony is getting hacked every day it seems. Go for the Xbox 360 with Kinect. Kinect is going to eventually be awesome.

Werbung:
Sony is getting hacked every day it seems. Go for the Xbox 360 with Kinect. Kinect is going to eventually be awesome.

If you look at the news, it's not just Sony. People just want to make it seem that way. Square, Codemasters, and Nintendo are starting to get it too. Don't think it can't happen to the 360. They already hacked things like Hotmail and a few other MS services.