Guitar Hero: On Tour "First Look"

guyofgod

As you all know, Guitar Hero: On Tour comes out tomorrow (the 21st). However, I have hook-ups at my local Blockbuster that got 4 copies in early today! They let me go behind the counter and ever try one of them out :) Alot of the songs will be known from other guitar hero games (such as Helicopter- a co-op song from GH3) and popular songs from a couple of years ago (such as All Star and Won't You Be My Girl). Since I am able to beat just about every song on Expert on Guitar Hero 3, I played the 4th song on the list on Expert (figuring with 4 buttons, it would be a peice of cake). However, I was greatly suprised at how extremely hard it is! When I first put on the strap, the first thing I noticed was that 5 buttons would be impossible. The buttons are already so small as is and are much closer together than any other guitar hero before it. Also, deciding how to strum is actually very difficult. I spent about 5 minutes deciding on if I would rather strum left to right, lift it, and then go back to left and right; Go left to right and then back to left and then back to right (which is what I settled on even though I don't like to go up and down on GH3); Or, just tap it on each note (which is really hard to do because it moves the ds every time you tap it and it is hard to see with your ds moving around). In fact, no matter what I did, I found it to be really hard to play while standing. However, when I sat down and had my arm in a locked position, I found it to be much easier because just my fingers move rather than my full hand. Since you move your hand when hitting the orange button on GH3 and moving your hand is not an option since it is strapped to the ds, this is one of the reasons that having 4 buttons was just not resonable. As the buttons moved down the screen, I noticed they didn't move as smoothly as on GH3. Also, you have to hit them dead center like on GH2 unlike the "get close and we'll give it to you" that you get on GH3. Overall, I would say that it is worth the money if you are willing to learn something completely different than the other Guitar Heros with a possability of screwing up your routine on any other Guitar Heros. I would say the leap is much more difficult than the leap from GH2 to GH3 but Guitar Hero: On Tour is much more like GH2 than GH3. I played on a "Flames Pack" which comes with goodies like a fancy design on the main part of the buttons pack. I can't make a good star rating since I haven't had the time to play any songs other than the one that I played but it looks like this is going to do very well for it's self. Keep your eyes on for Guitar Hero: On Tour coming out in stores June 21st!

Werbung:

Sousanator

It's 49.99 (CAN) don't know what its going for in the states or UK
There's ad-hoc online (people beside you) but no worldwide online.

@luigi, it would be alot easier to read if you spaced it ;)

Johnhg7

It's 49.99 (CAN) don't know what its going for in the states or UK
There's ad-hoc online (people beside you) but no worldwide online.

@luigi, it would be alot easier to read if you spaced it ;)

The price would be the same in the US too.

Exchange rate:
US: 1.00
CAN: 1.01
Euro: 0.64

Sousanator

The price would be the same in the US too.

Exchange rate:
US: 1.00
CAN: 1.01
Euro: 0.64
Would and Should are two different things.
Although are currency is about the same, our PlayStation Greatest Hits games are $30 where as they are $20 in the States

They even rip us off with Wii Points, Microsoft Points, and PlayStation Money even through their products are distributed through the internet.

BTW, I played this (without the attachment) and it just seemed really laggy and not as fun as the true console Guitar Heros
But I'm not going to complain since the Aussies out ripoff any country.

Johnhg7

Would and Should are two different things.
Although are currency is about the same, our PlayStation Greatest Hits games are $30 where as they are $20 in the States

They even rip us off with Wii Points, Microsoft Points, and PlayStation Money even through their products are distributed through the internet.

BTW, I played this (without the attachment) and it just seemed really laggy and not as fun as the true console Guitar Heros
But I'm not going to complain since the Aussies out ripoff any country.

Sorry if I insulted you and whats the point of a GH online if it lags?

Werbung: