GBA emulator for the DSi

LinkHylian

Obviously nearly all of you know now that the DSi will not be able to play GBA games simply because there's no GBA slot.but what if there was an alternative.What I mean is what if a team of hackers create a homebrew GBA emulator for the DSi sometime after it's released.

Werbung:

LinkHylian

There's not even a GBA emulator or slot 1 device that can play GBA games in the current DS's
yeh I know that because the current DSs have a GBA slot but what I mean is like a GBA emulator thats desgined only for the DSi.Purhaps (hopefully) one day after it's release,either nintendo/third-party company might use this idea as a solution to no GBA compability on the DSi(or might just even start selling GBA games on the DSWare shop).

Sousanator

The only way I see this happening is if Nintendo makes a 'virtual console' for the DSi, but I still don't think it can be done without the hardware (which is why there is no GBA emulator for DS currently)

Sousanator

Because there was a GBA slot and no internal memory
It also has a NDS slot, yet Flash Cards play NDS ROMs.:blink: The only way you could play GBA ROMs is with a Slot 1 Device (NDS slot) AND a Slot 2 Device (GBA slot).
The GBA hardware is needed, which is why I don't see this happening.

If there was a Slot 1 device that could play NDS and GBA roms, it would sell like pancakes.

Vortezturtle

Dude i'm playing pokemon crystal on my sansa e260 mp3 player with one hand and typin' with the other. If they can put emulators on an mp3, surely they can put on a handheld system with as much storage capicty as the dsi.

titch.ryan

It also has a NDS slot, yet Flash Cards play NDS ROMs.:blink: The only way you could play GBA ROMs is with a Slot 1 Device (NDS slot) AND a Slot 2 Device (GBA slot).
The GBA hardware is needed, which is why I don't see this happening.

If there was a Slot 1 device that could play NDS and GBA roms, it would sell like pancakes.

are you saying that the DSi wouldnt be able to emulate the GBA hardware?
how come?

Werbung: